My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 1 January 2024

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW

Hi Everyone

Happy 2024 .. .. .. before the first day of the year disappears!

Here's hoping it is going to be a brilliant year for us all and that everyone has recovered from the new year celebrations.

I love the excitement a new year brings.

Of course the impending house move is our main focus at the moment, but we don't have any dates or timescales and so far it has been "clearing out and passing on" .. .. .. and surprisingly we found this quite easy once we got into the swing of it .. .. .. but it has also been very time consuming and physical hard work at times.

The hardest part of the move for me is going to be packing my craft goodies away.  I do get serious withdrawal symptoms when I can't do any crafting.  Even when we have been away for long weekends in the past I have got a bit depressed about leaving my craft goodies behind .. .. .. and sneak a bit of colouring into my packing so I can have a "quick fix" at least.

I do feel I am a bit obsessed with "making things" and if I can't physically be making things then my brain is thinking about it and planning, or I watch other people crafting on You Tube, and look for new things to try on Pinterest.  There is just so much I want to do / make / try.  Oh, I hope I never lose that feeling of wanting to improve and experiment with new techniques.

I have started looking around my craft room and packing some things away .. .. .. but I know full well that whatever I pack then within the blink of an eye I will want to use it and will be rummaging back in the boxes!  LOL!!!

Might just have to limit what I leave out to play with!!

But one thing has already become obvious in my attempts to start packing.  No more buying of design pads or ribbon until what I already have has reduced by at least three quarters!!!  LOL!!!

So a quick share of my favourite make of last year (not that there were that many to be honest .. .. sorry) .. .. .. you wouldn't believe how many different versions of this card I have made over the last few weeks .. .. .. and I have enjoyed making every one.  

I haven't yet done a "new baby" or a "new home" version though.


Hopefully catch you again soon and again, I wish everyone the very best for 2024!

10 comments:

meg said...

Best Wishes for a Happy Healthy New Year to you and yours Jules

Aquarius said...

That's a design which certainly merits repeating in different colours and for so many occasions - a great 'user-up' of some of your patterned papers too I imagine. That is if you can bear to cut into them 😉. I do so understand your need to be creating something. If ever I'm feeling a bit 'down' a quick fix in the craft room soon puts everything right. Onwards and upwards into whatever the year brings 😊😊. Reckon I could guess which boxes will be near the top of your unpacking schedule once you've moved into your new home.

Kath said...

Happy New Year to you too Jules - I hope 2024 is a good year for you.

Kath x

Sarn said...

A lovely card and a good one to replicate.

Happy new year to you. Hope the house move goes well when it happens xxx

HilaryJane said...

I am not surprised you have made many versions of this card. It works so well with the patterned paper and stitching. Good luck with your packing and moving. I don't envy you one bit! At least it will force a clear up and clear out. I could do with doing that. Happy New Year to you xx

JD/ Jill said...

I can see why this is one of your favorite cards of the year. It's such a great design and such pretty colors.
I hope all goes smoothly for your move...
Happy New Year to you...
Jill

Liz said...

Stunning card Jules, I love the design and the beautiful papers. I’m not surprised that it’s your favourite make.
Good luck with the packing and the move when it comes. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Creative and so much beauty in this design, love seeing what you make xx

Carol L said...

What a great design with those blues and cute embossed hearts with stitching. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2024 with best wishes, especially when the big move happens.

Sarah said...

It really is a super duper design and richly deserves Top Dog status xx