My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 13 January 2024

CHRISTMAS 2024 - CARD NUMBER TWO

Hi Everyone

Sorry for having been so quiet on the blogging front .. .. chaos reigns at the moment in the House of Hearts now that we are getting to the serious end of moving home. 

If I was to say that this has been our "family home" where we have lived very happily for nearly 33 years .. .. .. and our new home will be about a third of the size of our current one .. .. .. you will get some idea of how much we need to part with.  So if anyone has any great ideas of how to fit a quart into a pint pot then please share!  Pretty, pretty please!

I have been busy packing away crafting supplies that will definitely be moving with me, and there is an organised corner, in the spare bedroom where the boxes that are "good and ready to go" are starting to be stacked.   But that is all that is "organised".  The rest is one big jumble of chaos.

Strange thing is I am not finding it hard to part with most things (as long as they aren't craft related).  The crafting side is where I am struggling.

Add to this the fact that a solicitor asked us to collect belongings relating to a "late pretend Auntie" who had volunteered us to be her executors .. .. .. so now we have to sort through those things too.   Sigh!!!

Anyway, before the week disappears I am determined to get Christmas card number two into my collection (I can't break my new year resolution on week two!!!) and yet again it also has the honour of using my new sketch for this week:


This used:

Image:  Penny Black "2238K" Jingle All The Way (the image is really a trio of hedgies but one absconded!).
Sentiment:  Computer generated using font "Grilled Cheese"
Backing Papers from Snippet Mountain (which are about all I am going to be left with the more packing I get done)
ProMarkers
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and of course my new rectangular sketch number 15 .. .. .. 


and that is me for today!

Take care everyone and I hope you have some of the lovely sunshine we have had here today.

14 comments:

meg said...

A fun Penny Black image and great papers,a beautiful card.I don't envy you downsizing,our situation was similar when we moved to a new home less than a 1/3 rd of the size of the old one,thank you joining your kind words and support.

Liz said...

Fabulous card Jules, the image is SO cute. Good luck packing up everything for the move. xx

JD/ Jill said...

My goodness You have quite a challenge ahead of you. (Could be us someday) We have lived in the one and only house we ever purchased. When we moved family and friends came to visit and they would make the statement. "It's nice for a starter hone>") Another way of telling us that it was SMALL! My hubby added a room to our house along the way...but now it is a little bit larger. I am way too sentimental. I'm not a big shopper (Jut get carried away from time to time in a craft store. I just have a difficult time parting with things people have made for me and given to me through the years.

Now on to your cute card. Great design and I hope to try that terrific sketch. Thank You for the posting it.
Jill

LesleyG said...

Another great sketch, and another beautifully cute card, love the colours.
My advice…..label boxes REALLY well. Try not to stress too much as you can do more sorting once you’ve moved. Designate a “Storage” room/area in the new house, as it can take ages to unpack. Don’t worry about sentimental things…..you’ve loved and appreciated them, and there just comes a time to let some things go. It’s amazing what you can squeeze into a small space, with careful arrangement, our motorhome is proof 😂 xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Jules and I love those little hedgehogs jingling the Bells…I certainly don’t envy you moving although it’s something we’ve talked about Again….weve got 35 years worth of ‘Stuff’ to sort out…

Anne

Aquarius said...

Another super Christmas card and a brilliant sketch as well. Great work amongst the chaos which reigns at present and now an added task for you just when times are so busy. Good luck with compressing quarts into pint pots.

Lynne said...

I love this sketch Jules and you have used it to perfection. Love the neutral colours with the little bit of colour to match the bells. Hope all goes well with your move x

Sarah said...

What a super duper sketch Jules and the PB hedgies always make me smile. I think that as we get older "things" don't have quite as much meaning as "memories". Let's face it, just how many pyrex dishes (that were wedding presents) does one kitchen need!! Wishing you luck with the packing xx

Viv said...

Another great make Jules - great sketch!
It is always a big wrench to leave a home where you have spent so many happy years. We moved from a home of 27 years and managed to do a very necessary declutter of a lot of stuff then 8 years later (having decided we wanted to move back to the area we left) we moved again! (All settled now - at least for the foreseeable)
Thing about packing away all your craft stuff is it's like Christmas when you do get to where you're going and unpack it! x

Lorraine said...

It sounds like you are having a very challenging time...I don't envy you!
Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute PB stamp and the fab new sketch
Lorraine x

Pauline C said...

Good luck with the downsizing Jules ... it's something we are starting to think about but my husband is such a hoarder bless him I can't imagine ever fitting our stuff into a smaller house!! We have the additional nice-to-have problem that we have a second home which contains a mix of specially bought items plus items taken from my childhood home when I cleared it after my dad died ... the thought of combing the two boggles my mind!!

Love your 2nd Christmas card ... that is an adorabale PB image and beautiful sketch.
Pauline xx

JD/ Jill said...

Me again! And thank you for the nice comments you said on my cards!

You made a profound statement...when you said going back and looking at our old cards that we made remind us of supplies in our craft room that we haven't touched for a while. I was thinking just that when I was posting them.

cuilliesocks said...

Sounds as if you have lots on your plate just now Jules, make sure you pace yourself.
Love your sweet card and well done having two Christmas card made, take care, Kate x

JanR said...

Love this! So cute and fun! Gotta love the name of the font too. Sounds like you're on the right track when it comes to the move....if it was me I think I might give up a pot or pan or two rather than craft supplies. lol