My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 6 January 2024

STARTING TO WORK ON MY "RASH PROMISES"

Hi Everyone

Well, now Christmas has been packed away it is time to start working on some of those rash promises I made (otherwise known as new year resolutions). 

"One" of the "many" rash promises this year is to design and add a new sketch to my collection each week.  One which I feel should be easy to keep. 

I do love sketches and find they speed up the cardmaking process immensely, and as my rectangular library is the one that is lagging behind in the number stakes, they will probably be my main focus for a little while.  (For anyone new to my blog, all of my sketches - square and rectangular are on a tab at the top of my blog .. .. please feel free to use them if you like the look of any of them).

So this is my new sketch for this week: 

and this is how I have used it


This used:

Image:  Penny Black "3741K" Filigree Tree
Sentiment:  Jande Summer via Etsy Merry Christmas and Heart Text
Design Papers:  All from snippet mountain (which is all I am going to have left to play with soon)
Spellbinders:  Circle and Scalloped Circle Dies
Gems
Snowflake from my snowflake box
ProMarkers (well one .. .. for adding a bit of colour to that fabby tree)
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I am making no apologies for posting a Christmas card so soon after the festive season has ended because another rash promise I have made is to make "at least one" Christmas card each week (and if I can keep this promise then it will be wonderful as I will have at least 50 cards come December - woo hoo!)

This particular card fits into a challenge I haven't had chance to play along with for quite some time (sorry Jo) .. .. The Christmas Kickstart Challenge .. .. .. which this time is calling for "The Midas Touch" .. .. .. which simply means include some gold on your creation.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.  We had a cold and frosty start today and judging by the number of people who are walking up and down our road, quite a few have resolved to be more active!!!  Not something I need to worry about doing .. .. I probably need to do the opposite and slow down a bit!!    LOL!!!

It is now back to more sorting and packing ready for our move, but not until I have put an insert into today's Christmas card "straight away" .. .. another resolution I need to work on.  

18 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Jules, you're here now and that's all that matters! Your cards are always so special and once again you've created something so lovely! Your attention to detail is perfect. Thanks for playing along with Linda and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

meg said...

Thank you for the beautiful sketch Jules,you created a stunning card using your snippets of paper and image

Linby said...

This is so elegant and a great sketch.

Happy New Year!

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules and another great sketch.
Kath x

JanR said...

Such a pretty card! All the gold and shine looks amazing!

Aquarius said...

Sketches are always a good place to start if inspiration is lacking - thanks for this one. Love this card with the Midas Touch

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous. I love how you have even stitched the diagonal strips in place even though you can only just see them xx

Sarah said...

Happy New Year Jules. Love that luxurious Christmas card and what a fab sketch too, another I must try!! I've been doing a bit of DT work and used a couple of your sketches today, so watch out in the coming weeks xx

Sarn said...

Sounds like you’re off to a good start on those “rash promises” with this gorgeous card using your latest sketch! Xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Sp Pretty! And another great sketch!

Liz said...

Stunning card Jules, I love your colour choice. Good luck with your New Year promises. xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful elegant card Jukes. Well done on your great start with the “rash promises” … I don’t need that many Christmas cards but have also resolved to make them regularly throughout the year .. but then I do that every year lol!!
Pauline xx

Carole said...

Love this card Jules, the tree is so pretty.Of course I love everything about your card, I always do! Well done on getting a head start on the Christmas cards...but be careful that halo doesn't slip...lol!! (I'm only jealous!) xx

Lynne said...

A great sketch Jules and your take on it is fabulous x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jules what a lovely sketch and your card is so beautiful, so elegant and stylish, Kate x

Lorraine said...

Happy new year Jules.
I love your Christmas card, such a fab tree stamp.
My first card of this year is a Christmas one too!
Lorraine x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab sketch, Jules, and I love your version with the Christmas tree and gold glitter accents!! So glad you shared at Christmas Kickstart!! Linda the Elf

aussie aNNie said...

Great style and perfectly designed, gorgeous in colour combo as well x