My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 19 January 2024

TIME TO CELEBRATE

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all managing to keep reasonably warm.  Super nippy weatherwise here that's for sure!

Quite late doing my homework for the Snippets Playground Challenge this fortnight .. .. and I don't want to miss this super special one .. .. because it celebrates Miss Di very bravely, and successfully, taking over the playground keys 12 years ago! (that is nearly halfway to getting the silver carriage clock that used to be the traditional gift you received as a "long service award" when you worked hard at the same place for 25 years!). 

Normally the snippet challenge rules are simply to use up as many "offcuts" as we can .. .. but for this super special landmark there is also a theme to follow of "celebration".   This can be "any" celebration .. .. but it does need to be obvious what the celebratory occasion is.

This is my celebratory card .. .. .. to celebrate what everyone in the world needs .. .. .. "love"! 



This used:

Snippets from snippet mountain
Sentiments: Computer generated
Spellbinders Heart Die
Ribbon 
X-Cut Corner Rounding Punch
My Trusty Sewing Machine
and my new sketch for this week, which for a change is a square one .. .. .. 


I am trying to find ways to use up some of the ribbon that is in my craft collection and after seeing this lovely card on Jill's blog (Ribbon Challenged), my brain wondered if you could perhaps do something similar using ribbon instead of folded paper, and a quick You Tube search found this lady here had played with the same idea.

So thank you ladies for the inspiration.

I made my card yesterday evening and sadly it was too dark to take a decent picture of my "starting snippets" .. .. they all got rejected as too rubbish to post.  But hopefully I won't have to write too many lines when my homework gets marked in the Playground office!

Take care everyone.

Will catch you tomorrow with my Christmas card for this week, but will leave by extending a big thank you to Di for her "staying power" and to Sarn who is her trusty assistant.  Between them they provide us with such great entertainment and inspiration .. .. .. and long may it continue .. .. ..  mwah!!!

Still time to enter folks if you have any snippets you need to use up!



14 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card and a great technique too.
Kath x

Aquarius said...

Love is a brilliant cause for celebration - brilliant card as always. I'm sure you won't have to write lines for not adding photos of your snippetty bits nd pieces.

Elaine Stark said...

Perfect Valentine for hubby, not too fussy or plain. Well done. Elaine

Sarn said...

What a beautiful Valentine's Day card Jules.
Love the sketch you made and used too.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. No lines for you! See you up in the treehouse for a nice hot toddy later! xxx

HilaryJane said...

Love this, what a great way to use your ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Pauline C said...

Wow Jules this is super fabulous! I absolutely love the way you have woven the ribbon behind the heart aperture … must have been very fiddly to do but the effect is so worth it! Gorgeous result, I’m sure your husband will love it!
Pauline xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jules. I love how you've done the heart. xx

Sarah said...

What an excellent way to use ribbon Jules and I love this new sketch xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Jules..hope you are keeping well, I am hoping to create and blog more this year 😊Wendy x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jules. I love the folded heart and fab design
Lorraine x

Di said...

Wow Jules - what a stunning card. Love the iris technique but have never thought about using ribbon - thanks for the link, and also the very kind words too!

Hugs
Di xx

JD/ Jill said...

Love your card. A few years back I did what you did. Made several Valentine cards using ribbon. (I did Iris folding) I can guarantee you that my cards were not as lovely as yours. Perfection. Maybe I'll try again. I have lots of ribbon in my stash too. I used to put lots of bows on my cards. But due to the high cost of postage. I only do that if it's a card that I can hand deliver these days.

Sue - said...

An absolutely beautiful card!

Sue - said...

An absolutely beautiful card.