My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 2 December 2023

BACK ON TRACK - I HOPE

Hi Everyone

I hope you have had a good Saturday .. .. .. although for some reason all week my brain has been one day ahead .. .. so today I keep thinking it is Sunday!!  That's good though isn't it, because it is like I have gained an extra day in my week to play with LOL!!!

It has been another very hectic week here, but I am super happy to say that the house of hearts is sold again .. .. and our fingers are crossed that everything goes through smoothly this time.  Project downsize is back on track .. .. yay!!!!.  It must have been all of those good luck comments and messages I received from so many of you working their magic .. .. thank you for those.  Mwah! 

Christmas makes are still very much needed, alongside everything else that needs to be done here .. .. .. and the cold and frosty start we had today certainly got me in the right frame of mind and made me think of this lovely stamp that never gets to come out and play very often.  

So here we go .. .. .. 


This used:

Image:  Penny Black "3231K" Snowy Park
Sentiment:  Inkylicious "Walking Winter Wonderland"
Backing Paper:  The Works
DecoArt Crystal Glamour Dust
Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
Ribbon and Metallic Cord
Brad and Charm
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I attached the double sided adhesive sheet to the stamped image, removed the second covering and covered it with Crystal Glamour Dust.

It is super sparkly in real life .. .. .. but it didn't want to show off in front of the camera unfortunately.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and you are managing to keep warm.  We have a yellow weather warning for snow and ice at the moment.   Eeeekkk!!!!

15 comments:

Sarah said...

What a atmospheric wintry scene Jules, looks a bit like it did here in Dorset on Thursday!! Thank you for the tip about using clear pyrex dishes for stamping, I will definitely remember that in future!! Pleased to hear that your home has been snapped up by another buyer, fingers crossed for a smooth sale xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love the burgundy ribbon against the stamp and the font for thw winter wonderland sentiment looks fab.
Glad to hear project downsize is back on track.
Lorraine x

meg said...

A beautiful frosty scene and card,the glamour dust gives a wonderful glittery finish. Pleased to read that your house sold again really quickly

LesleyG said...

Gorgeous card, not tried that sparkly technique (I’d probably end up wearing most of it 😂), and I’ll keep everything crossed for you xxx

Sarn said...

Absolutely beautiful stamp that you’ve embellished so well. Gorgeous card.

So pleased to hear you have another buyer. Sending lots of positive vibes your way that it all goes through this time xxx

Aquarius said...

It was a winter wonderland here yesterday, very heavy frost which hung around for most of the day, also thick fog to go with it. Shame Glamour Dust doesn't show up on camera but I can just imagine how sparkly and beautiful this is. Fingers, and everything else, crossed that your house sale goes through OK this time.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jules…love the PB image …so pleased to hear your house has sold again…

Anne

Lynne said...

A fabulous wintery card Jules and I love that deep burgundy colour with the black and white x

Elaine Stark said...

So happy everything is coming together for you. I love your card, it really has that cold frosty look. It matches the scene from our hose with all that snow. Elaine

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules - good to hear your house has sold again.
Kath x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Jules ... you have reminded me I'm sure I have that gorgeous PB stamp somewhere and am now minded to go search it out ... I recall covering it in adhesive film and glamour dust in previous makes - gives a fabulous effect! Glad the house sale is now back on track ... fingers crossed!!
Pauline xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning with this gorgeous design, amazing creativity and beautiful colours xx

Linby said...

This is so atmospheric and I love the way you did the ribbon and bow.

JD/ Jill said...

Oh Wow! You definitely need to get that stamp out more often... Your card is fabulous!

sally said...

Great seasonal scene !

Sally xx