My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 21 September 2012

ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT

Hi Everyone

A quick share of a card I was asked to make by my neighbour for her brother who is getting engaged soon.

Cute and cuddly images I know just wouldn't be suitable so I am hoping she will like this instead.

I had asked what their wedding colours would be and the ever popular Cadbury's purple was the response so decided to incorporate them in their engagement card.

So this is what I have put together:





This used:

Image for the embossed background:  Inkadinkado "903" Lace Background
Sentiment:  No reference on the stamp . .. just the words "Heritage Rubber Stamp Co. Scotland"
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Silver Embossing Powder
Diamond Stickles
Ribbon, cord, flower and charm from The Stash Box

Hopefully my neighbour will like it.

Well I have been putting off going to the post box because of all the rain .. .. but it looks like I can't put it off any longer or I will miss the last collection.

Raincoat on, umbrella up and off I go.  Where summer go?  Did I blink and miss it?!?!?!?

Have a good weekend everyone.  I hope you find a little bit of crafty time all for yourself.

Love

40 comments:

Debs M said...

this is lovely, they would be mad not to like it! x

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Stunning card! Love the gorgeous Cadbury's purple colour :-)

Lisa x

Crafting Queen said...

Very elegant card, love the purple. Sure they will love it.

Wishcraft said...

Ooh this is beautiful Jules! Gorgeous colours and details, such a stylish card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Di said...

Yup, just perfect for the happy couple! Bet they'll keep that one in their Happy Memories box :) Love, Di xx

Andrea said...

what a beautiful and elegant card , I love purple with silver very elegant. Your attention to detail is fab as always , I look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations
x

Bev Henwood said...

Hi Jules, I think your neighbour will love this card ~ elegant and classy and purple one of my favourite colours. Love Bev xx

Denise said...

Another stunner Jules. Fantastic embossed background. Your neighbour is going to love it.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Denise xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Jules, Fabulous! I love your elegant card, it's so right!! Have a lovely weekend, Gay x

Unknown said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning Jules, it's really so elegant and fabulous. They will treasure this card xxx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful Jules,love the colours and fab details.xxx

Lorraine said...

Very elegant Jules. Love heurple and CAS lines. The heart charm and pins are the perfect finishing touch!
Lorraine x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Stunning card Jules, love the colours. Sue x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, gorgeous card. Purple and silver is a great combination and the lace stamping on purple is sumptuous. That stamp company is based in Edinburgh but your stamp doesn't appear on the online catalogue - there's lots of kilted males though :) Elizabeth xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Jules. I love the elegant design and the colour scheme is wonderful.
I hope you have a great weekend
Hug Sue

Home sweet home said...

Gorgeous and stunning card,love the design and your colours are wonderful.

Wish you a lovely weekend:)

Merethe

Marie-Louise said...

Just gorgeous. So very elegant.

Sally H said...

Very elegant Jules. Love the colour combo and your embossing

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jules, it's so elegant, love the little heart charm, i am sure you neighbour is going to love the card. Have a lovely weekend. Lv Janette x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loads of prettiness appeared on your blog while I have been in Prague! This one is magnificent in the colour choices, design and embellishment! Hugs, Lesley

Unknown said...

Jules this is beautiful, the couple will love it.
Cheers, Elaine

Wendy said...

Stunning card Jules, love the design & gorgeous colours.
Enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Jules… love the colour combo and the beautiful ribbon detail… it's so classy and elegant! :-)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Donna said...

This is a beautiful engagement card, i love the purple and silver and the lace background stamp is gorgeous! Donna x

Beryl said...

Fabulous card Jules. Luxurious and regal - lovely design.
Beryl xx

Roma said...

Wow stunning card Jules !
i just love the colour ,very pretty x

Anonymous said...

very classy and elegant engagement card, love the purple and silver!

Andrea said...

thank you for your kind comments on my blog and again what a beautiful card you have created as always ...stunning x

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, Mary x

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.stunning design and i love the purple ;D

xx coops xx

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Oh WOW!!! This is stunning.

Love the background you have created, and the cadburys purple is fabulously 'rich'.

Love Sheila x

Anne said...

Brilliant Jules and thanks for your email. Piccies will be up on my blog soon! Hugs x

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning card!!!!! love it

cotnob said...

I love this card Jules, the purple and silver are fab together, I bet your neighbour was really pleased.
Pauline
x

MagsB said...

Oh how elegant! Purple and silver always looks so sophisticated - I bet your neighbour loves it!

love Mags B x

Bernie said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous Jules! It's so very elegant and the colors are fabulous. They are sure to treasure it.
Hugs
Bernie

Mrs.B said...

Just cathing up - as usual, but couldn't go without saying how gorgeous this is.
Avril xx

Unknown said...

stunning - this shade of purple is so smart and regal. I did a wedding last year and used 'Liberty' from Berresfords which is basically Royal Purple! Love the sentiment stamp - embossed perfectly.

Paula x x x

Anonymous said...

Stunning, very elegant, love it!
Helen x

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the colour. love the pattern paper too x