My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 19 August 2016

MATLOCK STRIKES AGAIN

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday!

Sorry for the drought on my blog .. .. .. it has been super busy here.  Lots of commissions and wedding work to complete .. .. and alongside the craftiness the London Kids are here for a few days.

It hasn't been all work though.

We have been having a great time.  Far too many meals out (not that they have finished yet) and even a  late night BBQ in the garden.  Happy times.

Yesterday we spent the day in Matlock .. .. where you may remember last time I went I bought that huge reel of cotton ribbon.

Well this time I found this little beauty:


and I have been spending some time today hoovering out the cobwebs from the little shelves and starting to fill it up.  But the slots are a little too deep so I am cutting rectangles of polystyrene for putting to the back of the shelves.  What a mess polystyrene makes!!  It is all over my kitchen worktop and floor LOL!! I wonder how factories manage to cut it without making so much mess.

I am going to have to label the side of all the inks next with the help of the download from here.  

Currently my distress ink pads sit in a plastic box inside a drawer and I end up rummaging through all of them to try and find the colour I am looking for.  So when I saw this storage unit straight away I thought of my ink pads.

I will let you have another peep once my mission is complete.

But for now I need to take the London Kids to see what my Mum has been up to since they last saw her.  They go home tomorrow :-( but we have one last special meal together tonight .. .. to celebrate the rather large birthday I had earlier this year and their wedding anniversary tomorrow.

So crafting and my blog may be back to normal soon.

Enjoy your day.

Love Jules xx


8 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

What a gret find Jules love it I know polystrene gets everywhere I remember once my daughters bean bag split this little balls were everyehere we we found them for months after in boxes and draws nightmare lol
Great idea with the download
glad your having a good time with family and have made the most of the gorgeous weather
yes keep the sketches coming I love them big thumbs up from me
have a wonderful weekend xx

Sarah said...

Glad you are keeping busy!! What a brilliant find, perfect for distress Inks and think how much time you will save when they are at your finger tips. Enjoy your meal xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is great Jules - you will get all your distress pads in order. thank you for the link. I have saved it.

cotnob said...

A super find Jules, I think I'm going to have to visit Matlock!
In answer to your question they use a 'hot wire' or if they are really up to date a laser. Hubby has a 'hot wire' they are really useful.
Pauline
x

Juls said...

Fabulous ... What a find :-) xx

cuilliesocks said...

Great find Jules. Looking forward to seeing the finished project, Kate x

Lorraine said...

What a brilliant find and so useful!
Lorraine x

Linda . J said...

Oh my Jules I just love it, have fun
Hugs Linda