My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 24 August 2016

WHITE CARD WEDNESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday!

I have found the perfect challenge for helping me with my white card Wednesday makes .. .. .. .. .. The CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.

The challenge gives you two compulsory elements that you must include on your CAS card and one that you choose yourself from the list provided.

This month's compulsory elements are Stamping and Sprays .. .. and for my added extra I chose "Masking".

This is my creation:




This used:

Images:  Penny Black "2521K" Snowy and Penny Black "4271L" Winter Ledge
Sentiment:  Inkylicious Clear Stamps "Walking Winter Wonderland"
Distress Ink:  Weathered Wood
ProMarkers
Glossy Accents
Crystal Glamour Dust
Red Stickles

I started by stamping the snowman onto card, then masked him off and added the distress ink with a brush all around him.  Then I sprayed the ink with a fine mist of water, allowed that to eat into the ink a little then dried it off with a tissue.  Once everything was completely dry I stamped the background image over the top, removed the mask and coloured the snowman .. .. .. he is new to my collection this year and I love him already!!!!

This didn't use up much of the white card mountain .. .. but every little helps .. .. and it does mean that a Christmas card has made its way into my rather sparse Christmas collection for this year. Yay!!!

This particular challenge ends today, but a new one will start on the 1st September. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next recipe is already.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Love Jules xx

21 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Jules!! Your card is awesome!! LOVE that sweet snowman. He is now on my wish list! :) Great job with masking and spraying the background ... it looks perfect. Fantastic design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Jules, this snowman is so adorable and I love how you've done the background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up! Hope to see you again next month.

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE how you stamped and masked your snowman and then sprayed your background and when dry stamped your winter shrub. Your snowman is so glittery, fun and beautifully colored. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Sharon said...

Hi Jules
This card is gorgeous. I like your use of 2 stamps and background. He is such a jolly chap (I think I need this stamp!)

Hope you don't get too much rain today!

Sharon x

Juls said...

Just toooooo gorgeous, love it xx

Kath said...

A fabulous card, love the snowman and your great design. It's hard to believe that this lovely card was once a piece of white card!
Kath x

Lorraine said...

That snowman is gorgeous...need to add him to my ever growing wish list! I love the background you've created for him. A brilliant card Jules-Love it.
Lorraine x

Carole said...

Oh what a beautiful snowman!! Love that lime green matching hat and scarf! Great background Jules and a lovely card xx

Quirky Shepherd said...

Love this card so much x

Brawny x said...

Hi Jules that gorgeous snowman is my very fave Xmas stamp. I fell in love with it when I first crafted and couldn't get it. Then my daughters friend gave me a load of crafting goodies and low and behold he was amongst the stuff. I was so chuffed. The card is fab. I love the smudge of colour. Just fab x

Sarah said...

A brilliant card Jules, very fond of his lime green scarf!! xx

Tracey T said...

Love this card, Jules. The pop of bright colour on the cute snowman works brilliantly. I've got some PB background/scene stamps that I've never used (successfully, anyway) and this has inspired me to give them another go.The challenge is new to me, too, so I'll need to check that out as well. Hugs xx

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Jules, a fabulous background and your snowman is adorable.
Pauline
x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh I love him too Jules, he's so sweet, fabulous colouring and design, wonderful card, Kate x

Lynn said...

Superb card Jules. He is a lovely jolly snowman, and I can see he will become a firm favourite. I shall hop over to the challenge blog - it sounds very interesting. Lynn x

Kathleen said...

A really fabulous card, brilliant background, an old favourite snowman and a super sentiment, who could ask for anything better.

Kath x

Susan said...

Love your sweet snowman and the lovely spray of branches behind him. You did a great job masking him and creating the misted background. Love the Glamour Dust on the snowman's hat! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Whisper said...

Oooo i so love 'Snowy' and what a great scene you have created for him too, luv Sam x

Little K Smith said...

Oh I love this Jules! The PB snowman is adorable and I love your masking technique too! Gorgeous design!
Kelly.x

sally said...

Oh! So cute <3

Sally

Linny said...

I LOVE this card Jules. A few techniques to play with too. Linda x