My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 23 December 2020

NEARLY SANTA TIME!

Hi Everyone

I hope your week and prelude to Santa Time is going well.

A while ago, whilst in Christmas mode I made a collection of quick cards .. .. this was my favourite of them all and I made quite a few of them .. .. and not just these here .. .. I made LOTS!!

I enjoyed making them so much that I just know there will be quite a few similar non-Christmas ones in the pipeline.

Here is one which I made yesterday:

This used:

Image:  A magazine cover gift from way back when
Sentiment:  Crafter's Companion
Backing paper:  From the Snippet Box
Distress Ink:  Victorian Velvet
Spellbinder Dies:  Classic Oval and Scalloped Oval
X-Cut:  Flower Punch
Black Pearl
My Trusty Sewing Machine

So today is a "lock myself in" day so I can attack the house with the help of my favourite male cleaning companions .. .. Mr Dyson, Mr Sheen, Mr Muscle and Mr Heart (if I am lucky)!

A bit of wrapping to do and then for the first time ever I won't be doing any on Christmas Eve .  

There have been no last minute Christmas cards to make either.  Doing all those cards throughout the year has really helped and Christmas Eve will hopefully be super relaxing (although it does involve taking Mum for the first of her two COVID vaccine jabs!).

Enjoy your day everyone.

15 comments:

KandA said...

Two beautiful cards Jules, both wonderful colours and stamping. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing christmas. All the best to your Mum too xx

Lynne said...

Wonderful cards Jules and you've still stitched all those Christmas cards with your machine. You must be really quick at it. I'm trying to clean today too so not so much to do tomorrow. I always leave the kitchen floor till last though, especially in this weather with two dogs, so that will be tomorrow. Have a good Christmas x

Kath said...

Lovely cards Jules.
Kath x

Aquarius said...

Wow - what a lot of Christmas cards. Today's one is lovely as well and it would appear this is a good technique for lots of occasions. Enjoy your relaxed Christmas Eve.

Sarn said...

Another stunning card from you Jules. It's a lovely idea and layout. No wonder you've decided to do another version.

Wishing you a Happy Yuletide. Chocolate dipped sprouts are definitely the way forward! LOL!

Have a good one.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful cards. You are certainly inspiring me to try to do some cards along this line. (Of course, mine won't be a pretty as your super cards!)

Kathleen said...

Very classy cards, great images and love the design. Hope you have a really lovely Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year.

Kath x

Lorraine said...

These are gorgeous Jules - love the design, it works so well,.
Enjoy your relaxing Christmas Eve and have a wonderful Christmas.
Stay safe
Lorraine x

meg said...

Your batch makes are beautiful Jules,love the stamp background and layout,the layout works well for the beautiful stamping on the Thinking of You card.Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year. Meg xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

Love your designs for your Christmas cards. Right up my street!! Also your Thinking of You card. I do a similar design for some of the cards I supply the Care Homes with.

I haven't been in the homes. I just go into the foyer and swap my stands over with one of the carers.

I cleaned the house today. I do all the dusting, cleaning and Hubby puts the Dyson around.

You can put your feet up tomorrow!!

Stay safe,
Love and hugs,
xxxx


Viv said...

Lovely cards Jules.
Wishing you and Mr Heart a Happy Christmas. xx

Carole said...

Stunning cards as ever Jules...a fabulous design and one you seem to have managed to adapt to non Christmas cards which is a bonus. Well nothing has seemed real this year and Christmas is no exception, most certainly 2020 is one for the history books. Have a lovely Christmas and I look forward to you makes next year. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards Jules, such a lovely design and your Thinking of You card is so pretty, lovely design too.
I hope all goes well with your mun having her injection. Have a well earned relaxing evening, have a lovely Christmas, Kate x

AlisonC said...

Popping by to say Merry Christmas. Stay safe and warm. I love all of these. They are simple and elegant and beautiful. Must try this at home. x

Claire said...

Lovely cards Jules and I wish you and yours a peaceful and happy Christmas, stay safe x