My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 4 May 2021

AS YOU SEE IT CHALLENGE

Hi Everyone

Happy Tuesday!

I hope life has been being kind to you.

I must admit I intended to post this creation yesterday .. .. .. but I got drawn into watching the snooker and time disappeared.

But I am here now, and am taking my card over to the As You See It Challenge which this fortnight is a colour challenge




This used:

Floral Images:  My Favorite Things "Plentiful Petals" and matching Die Set
Sentiment:  Mama Elephant "Make a Wish"
Variety of Ink Pads (the nearest colours I had to the challenge)
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and the colours for the challenge are:


Scrummy colours aren't they? .. .. and I must admit not necessarily ones I would have considered using.  

That is the beauty of  challenges for me .. .. they make you think differently.  Fancy playing along or just eating the macaroons?

I did wonder whether my spelling was correct and wondered if it should be macaroons or macarons .. .. .. .. and the interesting fact for today is that macaroons are made using shredded coconut and macrons use almond meal!   Thanks for that Mr Google.  Must admit I have never eaten either.

Enjoy your day everyone.


25 comments:

Aquarius said...

Definitely macaron colours on this pretty card. Don't like coconut so macaroons are out for me - never tried macarons until very recently and must admit they were a bit of a disappointment even though they look delicious.

Lynne said...

This is lovely Jules, I love the large sentiment and I certainly agree that colour challenges often help you use combinations that you wouldn't normally chose.

meg said...

Love this colour combo,a beautiful card Jules, have been engrossed in the snooker too

Aunty Sue said...

Oh this looks yummy love the colours and might have to try this one if I can fit in. Awesome flowers. Have a good day

Stamps and Paper said...

Yes they are Macaron colours, never tasted one but they look nice... You've matched the colours really well Jules a very pretty card .

Anne

Carole said...

Scrummy colours Jules...good enough to eat! Lovely card and yes those colours do go so well together. xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is such sweet colours, I love them. I have to admit I have had both but didnt realise what the difference was!! Opps!! Hope alls well, H xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous card Jules, I love the pastel colours. I have never eaten a macaron, they do look good, Kate x

Heather Cooper said...

I love how you've used the brown as the base colour and the others are the bright pops of colour in the bouquet. What a great use of the palette! And I have had both macaroons and macarons and prefer the former. I only tried the latter when Stampin' Up! came out with Mint Macaron as a colour and was disappointed as it looked better than it tasted! Thanks for getting colourful with us at As You See It Challenges!

Claire said...

Well that's a nice pop of pastel colours, they look lovely mixed with the kraft. Lots of pretty inspiration x

Jan Clothier said...

This is just super, Jules! The square shape lets the bouquet and the sentiment share the stage in a harmonious way. The sentiment is bold and beautiful. The stitched details add a touch of elegance. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

As I used to like coconut that's the macaroon I used to eat. Not for a long time now though.

Love the pastel colours of the flowers and a gorgeous card.

Sometimes we need to just walk away from the things we feel we should be doing and as you did, watch the snooker.

Love and hugs,
Carol xxxx

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules - I love the fabulous sentiment stamp you've used.
Kath x

Doreen said...

Love the colours on this Jules,a beautiful card.xxx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Jules, lovely die cut flowers - they certainly are scrummy colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

I love the soft pastel colors on this pretty birthday card! The arrangement of flowers is just lovely cascading down the side, and I love the big, bold sentiment too! A beautiful design from the inspirational photo!

Diane said...

Wonderful framing, colors and lovely flowers.

Hugs Diane

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Jules.
Sue x

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!

Lisa xx said...

Oooh this is so pretty, the colour really are scrumptious.

Sadly, hadn't really caught up with the snooker as the hubby is a bit "take it or leave it", when I was a youngster my Dad and I would watch it for hours.....I was something of a Stephen Henry fan!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card and gorgeous colours too Jules I love it.

Sue xx

anne said...

Lovely colours on this card, they look good against the kraft card. Another beautiful card.
Anne x

Sarah said...

What a pretty card, the colours are delicious!! xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Jules this is beautiful! I love the way your flowers cluster around that bold sentiment; great square design too! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It this week!

LeAnne said...

Oooh, this is just beautiful! Those flowers match the colors of the cookies perfectly! And it is just as sweet and delicious! Thanks for sharing this with us at As You See It this week!