My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 10 May 2021

PEEKER

Hi Everyone

Happy Monday!

I hope your weekend has been a good one!  Quite a bit achieved here .. .. .. but of course never enough!

Part of my crafty play yesterday involved another Christmas card for adding to my stock box.  This image really makes me smile. . . . . 




This used:

Image:  Bugaboo "Reindeer Peeker"
Sentiment:  Computer Generated using font "Black Script Printed Caps" (I quite like using this font because it prints with white areas that you can colour to match your image)
Backing Papers:  LOTV Frosty Christmas Blue (behind the reindeer) which is sadly no longer available, and a random plaid snippet from snippet mountain in the background
ProMarkers
Chalk
Glossy Accents
Gold Glamour Dust
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I used my Craft Artist 2 programme to layer first the LOTV snowy background (washing out some of the colour as the original shade was a little dark for my needs) and then layered onto this the PNG reindeer file.  (PNG files block the background out, leaving the area inside your image white so you can colour it).  Lastly adding the sentiment.

Those little white dots I added to the background were cut using a small circle die that is supposed to be used for cutting a hole in the top of a tag.

So another Crimble Card into the box .. .. yay!!!

Enjoy your day everyone.

I am off to Mum in a bit.  We are hoping to go a walk out today .. .. .. but the sky isn't looking very promising.

16 comments:

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Jules, such a fun image.
I hope you manage a walk with your Mum.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

You certainly manage to find some brilliant images and this one really made me smile - he is such fun. Hope you can manage a walk today and that the weather will be kind. Blue skies here but a stiff (and quite chilly) breeze in this neck of the woods.

Carole said...

Wow! this is too clever for me..all that technical stuff! Lovely card and yes an image that makes you smile and superbly coloured too. xx

meg said...

Love beautiful reindeer's cheeky expression,a brilliant Christmas card Jules

Enny said...

What a lovely card, that reindeer is so funny ! Yes, the weather is very unpredictable, we even had thunder and hail yesterday ! I do hope that you could take your Mum for a walk. Hugs, Enny

Claire said...

Haha he's funny and rather adorable with a mischievous look... very clever computer work creating the card and you've coloured him in lovely complete with a bit of sparkle x

anne said...

Lovely fun image and a great festive card.
Hope you managed to get your walk
Anne x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Jules, I love the fun image that you've used.

Sue xx

Kathleen said...

This image always make me smile, a really lovely creation.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

Glad to hear you are keeping busy!!

Love this fun image Jules and another brilliant card for your box!

We had lots of sun, cloud and very windy today. Hope you and your Mum had some good time together.

Keep well and stay safe,
love and hugs
Carol
xxxx

JanR said...

Fantastic card! So fun, totally made me smile. Loving that font too.

Claire (Mrs H) said...

A fabulous design I love how you mixed the digital images together

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card really did make me smile Jules...love how you've created this wonder card using CA.....I'm not that confident when using it...

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

It's a wonderful image Jules, and I love your card design, Kate x

Sarah said...

That deer is a cheeky peeker!! A great card Jules and the tartan snippet is a really fabulous addition xx

Epie said...

Wwooww......cuteChristmas card , lovely stamp
Greetzz Epie