My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 6 May 2021

FEZZIWIGS FESTIVE FROLICS

Hi Everyone

Happy Thursday .. .. we have woken up to sunshine today!  Yay!!  Let's hope it is going to last!

I am playing along with Fezziwigs Festive Frolics Challenge today where the theme this fortnight is "Festive Florals".

Not too many of those in my collection so I am hoping a partridge in a pear tree will count.



This used:

Image:  Stamps to Die For "Danielle's Partridge" plus matching die
Sentiment:  Clearly Besotted "Rockin' Robin"
Backing Paper:  This is an old snippet of design paper that I created a while ago by printing a Pink Petticoat script design onto white card and then I ran it through my printer again to add a green snowflake design on top.  I designed this paper years ago and have re-created it over and over again as I love it so much.
ProMarkers
Glossy Accents
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and that is another Christmas card into the box.  Woo hoo!

I'll catch you again soon.


18 comments:

sally said...

Fabulous! Lovely background paper too.

Sally xx

Aquarius said...

Another gorgeous Christmas card for your collection. What a clever idea with the backing paper - one to remember and maybe try to do something similar. Thanks for the continuing inspirations.

meg said...

An exquisite card Jules,your background papers and image are beautiful

Doreen said...

We have sunshine to but it is so cold...Love your gorgeous card Jules.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Jules, your design is so rich and elegant, lovely colours and design, Kate x

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

A beautiful Christmas card and a beautiful sunny day to make it!! Love the papers and colours.

Haven't got into Christmas yet, as I have quite a few left from last year.

As I am writing this Jules, we have hail stones storming down and covering the grass like snow!!

Thank you for your lovely message you left me on my last post. I am finding that Needle Felting is quite addictive and very enjoyable. But as I supply 2 Care Homes with cards, I have to make at least 150 to keep in stock. So I have to force myself to put my wools away and have to get my card making mojo back in order. I have made a start and will get a few made tomorrow.

Love and hugs
Carol xxxx



Carole said...

Wow clever you with the backing paper Jules...this is a really classy card. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your take on this challenge Jules... Love your background and your partridge in the pear tree is a lovely image...

Anne

cotnob said...

A super card Jules, a great image and I love the paper you created - I remember thinking what a great idea the first time you did it.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card Jules I love the coloiur combination and the lovely stamp that you've used.

Sue xx

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

A beautiful card, I would never have thought of designing paper the way you have, what a great idea. Apologies for not visiting your blog recently, home life took over! I've given you a mention on my blog, thanking you for a link to an image. I hope you don't mind, but I did sort of case your design!!! Have a great weekend

Debbie x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, so elegant. Anesha

Sally H said...

What a beautiful card Jules! Love the colours and the partridge is a really beautiful stamp.

Tracey T said...

I love your card, Jules. The patterned paper you've made is absolutely beautiful - what a brilliant idea to over-print with a second design. Love the colours too, really warm and rich. Been a bit of a whirlwind here with being back at school and selling the house, which has sold after only being on the market for 2 weeks. Need to find somewhere to live sharpish! Hope all is well with you xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, I thing a pear tree is great for the theme. I really like the colours you have gone for. Hope alls well. Im so busy outside blogland that I seem to be missing loads of posts, Boo to DIY!! Hazel xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oops I forgot to thank you for joining in with Fezziwigs Challenge!! Brains off doing more decorating! H xx

anne said...

Lovely festive card Jules, I like the vintage tones.
Anne x

Sarah said...

Love this grown up christmas card Jules. The muted colours look very elegant and what a brilliant backing paper, I've never thought of doing that, you clever sausage!! xx