My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 16 May 2021

BIG HUGS

Hi Everyone

Happy Sunday!

I prepared the written part of my blog post for today earlier in the week .. .. .. with a very excited heart and a celebratory blog title of "big hugs".  What a shame that whilst adding the pictures to my post the news channels are not sounding that keen on us hugging now .. .. .. we have to "hug cautiously!".. .. .. and now Step 4 out of lockdown is looking dodgy too!   Bad news for the weddings I still have on my books who postponed from last year to this.

It has been quite a busy week here in the House of  Hearts with my fingers in far too many pies .. .. .. hence a bit of a drought on the blog post front .. .. but fingers tightly crossed there should be an improvement this week.

Today I am sharing a card that uses the most recent rectangle sketch I have added to my rectangular sketch library.  My rectangular sketches  are still very thin on the ground but I promise lots more will be being added.




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "3344J" Rosy 
Sentiment:  Penny Black "30-524" Happy Hugs
Backing Papers:  Make & Create - Sweet Garden Roses
ProMarkers
Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and my latest rectangular sketch


Please feel free to use my sketches if you like the look of any .. .. you will see the other two rectangle sketches and the fifty four square sketches on the tabs at the top of my blog.  Lots more of both will be appearing.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone .. .. .. let's hope we get a bit more sunshine and a lot less rain this week!   

17 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card and sketch Jules. I think that we all got a little bit excited about the prospect of hugs others again, nothing like being bought back to earth with a bang. Lets keep our fingers crossed this is just a little glitch not a new way of life.

Sue xx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Jules, a sweet image and lovely papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card, I love the sketch. I hope this is a better week, everything always comes at once. Take care. Elaine

Sarah said...

Love this fab card Jules, and another great sketch too. Those pretty papers look like fabric from a certain brand!! Hug cautiously...that's like being a bit pregnant!! Fingers crossed for a drier weekand whatever yours has in store I hope it's a good one xx

Carole said...

What a pretty card Jules and a great way of using those snippet mountains we all have ,with your great design. Love the image...strong isn't he...wish i could lift a pot over my head let alone run with it! Yes sad to say about the hugs........personally and I know a lot of people will not agree with me, I think he should have left Stage 3 emergence a couple of weeks to see how things pan out! Hugs to you anyway ...lol xx

Aquarius said...

What a happy little fellow he is - great sketch as well. It's been raining solidly since about 9.30 this morning and it is so dark - more like a winter's day. Things are certainly looking a bit dodgy for the 'freedom' plans although to be honest I wasn't in too much of a hurry to start hugging all and sundry especially if you don't know where they've been 😉. Take care and stay safe.

Enny said...

Oh, what a gorgeous card, and beautiful paper ! Yes, we still have to be careful, new variations of Corona are coming.... And it's raining here, ideal hobby weather ! Hugs, Enny

Liz said...

Beautiful card Jules, so cute. I love the design of the sketch. xx

Tracey T said...

Fab sketch/layout, Jules and such a pretty card. Definitely warmer here today but still lots of cloud and rain on and off. Was able to see mum and dad properly this weekend but Gregor keeping his distance from them as he hasn't had his first vaccination yet. Last thing we need is another new variant. Stay safe xx

meg said...

A brilliant layout Jules love your papers and PB stamped image

R's Rue said...

😊

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules, what a sweet card, a lovely hedgie image and beautifully coloured too. Your papers and layout are so pretty.
It's such a pity for the people wanting to have their wedding going ahead, but really I'm not surprised we are where we are, the flights to and from India should have been shut down long before they were, only one person to blame for that. Hope your weekend is going well, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous image, great choice of colours and a super background paper deign. Come hell or high water it won't stop me hugging my Grandsons.

Kath x

Di said...

Totally adorable card Jules - as ever!

Love

Di xx

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card, and great sketch!

Diane said...

Such a pretty design, stitching and card stock.

Hugs diane

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

Love the PB Hedgie, beautifully coloured and a great design.

Will catch up asap.

Love and hugs,

Carol xxxx