My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 12 May 2021

TO LOVE AND TO CHERISH

Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday!

Is your weather anything like ours .. .. beautiful glorious sunshine one minute and then throwing it down with rain by the bucketful the next?  

Just popping in today with a card for taking over to the "As You Like It" Challenge Blog where this fortnight they would like to see your favourite way of using ribbon on your cards.

Now anyone who knows me knows just how much I love ribbon.  I love tying it into big scrummy bows and I love adding just a strip between layers on a card to link colours together.  I love making different types of bows .. ..  .. .. but I also like to use up all the bits that I have collected over time.  After 10 years of wedding work and being someone who saves anything useable "just in case", I have lots of ribbon bits to use up.

So here we go.  Strips of grosgrain ribbon used to make a background behind a die cut heart:



This used:

Backing Paper:  Pink Petticoat "Isabelline"
Spellbinder Dies:  Heart
Sizzix Thinlits Dies:  "661806" Small Tattered Florals
Grosgrain ribbons
Pearl
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and that is me for today, I thought my card might make a nice wedding or wedding anniversary card.

Enjoy the rest of today and have a good day tomorrow.

21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant design and those colours are stunning, love this.

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jules. I really love this design and what a great way to use up snippets of ribbon.
Sounds like we’ve got similar weather to you.... except that it started raining about 15 hours ago and hasn’t stopped since! xx

meg said...

Love everything about this card Jules,great use of ribbon and the die cut heart

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your use of ribbon Jules, a lovely card and a great way of using up all your bits of ribbon..

Anne

Aquarius said...

You've used the strips of ribbon to great advantage here. Same sort of weather here although today it seems to be a grey rainy day with no sign of the sun.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Jules and a great way to use up the little bits of ribbon that would normally be wasted.

Sue xx

Enny said...

Such a beautiful and romantic card, love the ribbon ! And yes, we have the same weather, just put 2 weather pictures from the same day on my blog ! Hugs, Enny

Lynne said...

A great way to use oddments of ribbon Jules and I love the soft colours as well as your extra neat stitching :) x

Carole said...

Lovely card Jules...great use of your ribbon ad yes suitable for all those weddings and Anniversaries. xx

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Jules, lovely soft colours and design..
I do find colouring in peaceful, and the more I do it I think the better I'm getting.
Finding I'm not making so many cards, lost a bit of confidence over this last wee while, and my imagination isn't stretching far for designs, where as with the colouring books, they are just for me, not being given to others as the cards are, so not so stressful, in fact not at all 😄 thanks always for your kind comments Kate 😍

R's Rue said...

So pretty.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Wonderful color combinations, stitching, framing and card design.

Hugs diane

Tracey T said...

Such a pretty design, Jules. Love the Pink Petticoat paper and the ribbon stripes are fab. I've got a ton of ribbon so will have to get past the stroking stage and cut into it! xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love your combination of ribbons. Such a great idea. Have a great weekend. Anesha x

anne said...

Really pretty Jules and a lovely way to use your ribbon.
Hugs
Anne

Claire said...

Very clever and the end result is a totally unique card and I think the addition of single flower really adds punch x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, a fabulous way to use up your scraps of ribbon.
Our weather sounds very similar to yours, we have been having some rather wet dog walks!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, I love the colours you have gone for. they are super. Its wedding work for me in a bit!! I have offered to make all the stationary for my eldest's wedding !! Yickes!!! Have a great weekend, Hazelxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is gorgeous hun, love the soft colours
Hope you are both doing ok
Hugs Shell xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules.

Nearly missed this beautiful card!! Love the paper colours and a stunning design.

Hope you are not overdoing it!! It has been a bit crazy last week here. Will email you asap.

Love and big hugs,
Carol xxxx

Larissa said...

Very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa