My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 9 October 2011

JULES' CRAFTY SNIPPET CHALLENGE - WEEK 40

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all having a good weekend.  We have really enjoyed ours .. .. spending time with family is so special.

Big baby boy goes home at daft o'clock tomorrow .. .. but we have one last celebration before he goes .. .. it will be his birthday on Tuesday so we will be celebrating that tonight.

Not with pancakes!!!

We have eaten enough of those to last a year LOL!!  In fact between the eleven of us last night we ate 140 !!

Lots of time today for snippets .. .. my lovely DIL has been happy playing with craft goodies on the dining room table so I have been playing along too .. .. it would be rude not too LOL!!

Here are my snippets for this week:








So now round to the snippet register.  Lots of snippets used up this week by all of my lovely playmates.

First to the playground this week was Irene .. .. in fact she made it to the playground twice this week.  The first of Irene's snippet makes you will find here and the second one here.  The first is a super cute Christmas card using a bargain stamp and the second one of my favourite Penny Black baby stamps!!  Gorgeous makes!!

Next along was Elizabeth who also visited the playground twice this week.  Elizabeth's first creation, a sweet 8 x 8 snippet layout, is here and the second one is here.  There are so many amazing links in Elizabeth's second post .. .. with fantastic inspiration.  Thank you so much for sharing all this Elizabeth  .. .. the links and your creations are a real treat.

Di was bright and early sharing her snippet make this week.  I think this was because she had "come by" a new stamp .. .. and you know what it is like when you get a new stamp in your hand .. .. you just have to use it don't you!!  Well Di used hers beautifully.  My kind of stamp that's for sure!!

My next playmate was a very hyperactive Catherine .. .. who ended up brining all of her snippet makes into the playground using a wheelbarrow .. .. there were far too many for her to carry!!  In fact in total Catherine shared FIVE snippet makes this week!!  Prepare for a wonderful array of snippet makes and look for Catherine's makes, here, here, here, here and here.  There would be a goodly amount of snippets used up on all of these I am sure .. ... and each and every one of them looks amazing.  Well done Catherine.  I think you used more snippets last week than I have in the last two weeks.  I had better pull my finger out!!!!!   LOL!!!

Hazel was the next to arrive with a lovely card featuring lots of lovely hearts!!  In fact I have noticed quite a few hearts making an appearance in the snippet playground .. .. hearts must be catching!!  Tee hee!!  Gorgeous colours on Hazel's make.

Amanda then called by to share a lovely make which reminds me of how my kitchen looked last night in the middle of pancake mode !!!  I love the cute image Amanda used and her gorgeous colour combo.

A double whammy from Lynne was next with the first creation on view here and the second one here.  Such beautiful makes but I have to admit to the first one being my favourite.  Such brilliant use of snippets and such wonderful finished look.

Becky was next to join in the fun and shared a gorgeous card with geometric shapes .. .. the rounding of the corners made for a lovely finish to this lovely creation.  Loved the colour choices Becky made too!! 

Another very busy snippet user in the playground was Bernie .. .. who was also struggling to carry all of her snippet makes this week.  She ended up with one in each hand the the other clenched between her teeth!!!  You can find all Bernie's lovely makes here, here, and here.  All of Bernie's makes were beautiful ... ... as always .. .. but I have a soft spot for the first one!!  Brilliant use of Bernie's punches.

Next to arrive in the playground was Kym .. .. who brought with her a great Christmas card featuring a snow globe!!  Great use of snippets and a sentiment that made me smile. 

Then last, but by no means least was the lovely Tammy who shared a really colourful and original make.   Tammy has some wonderful stamps in her collection and always uses them in such brilliant ways.

Thank you everyone for playing along again this week.  It is always fun to have so many playmates and so much wonderful inspiration.

I will be back again bright and early tomorrow with my next Happy Handy Hippo post.

Have a lovely evening everyone.  We are off out for an birthday Indian with big baby boy and his wife and little baby boy too .. .. and not a pancake in sight!!

Love



24 comments:

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous snippets again this week Jules, l think the christmas tree one is fantastic so simple yet so elegant x Susan x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous snippets Jules,glad you have had a great weekend.xxx

Annmaree of Oz said...

awesome snippet makes Jules, those are amazing! I love what you did with the tree shape, and that great meshy ribbon, all wonderful makes

Enjoy the birthday!

Vicky said...

Wow Jules they are all so gorgeous hun...but me thinks my fave is the first one...love all the lovely cool colours and fabulous layout too...

glad you had a fabby weekend...and 140 pancakes...blimey...lol....

big hugs Vicky xx

Lynne said...

Your cards are stunning, as always Jules. Love, love, love the last one. Is that black flower made from what I think it`s made from? LOL.
Lynne xxx

Faye said...

Wow, that's a fair few pancakes there! Loving all of these cards. The first is just elegantly stunning. Love the clean, fresh lines on the second. And I want the flower on the third! xxx

Debs M said...

great snippet makes, the xmas tree one is my fave x

MagsB said...

Oh my, Jules, you've made more stunning cards with your snippets! I adore that cobwebby lace!

140 pancakes!! That's amazing - it sounds like you all had good fun!

luv, Mags x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Hules, another gorgeous batch of cards. Love the first one, beautiful colours. Glad you have all had a really lovely weekend hun.

Donna x

Karen M said...

Wow! You have been busy. Love all of these cards, especially those cute little trees! Lovely x

Lynsey said...

Gorgeous cards Jules!
Hugs Lynsey x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful cards Jules
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creations Jules, love the little christmas trees! Can't believe you ate 140 pancakes between you, I thought my husband was king of pancake eating, but he has competition now lol!
Helen x

Sally said...

Hi Jules, great snippet makes, my fave is the crimbo card, very cute trees. Sorry I haven't made it to the snippet playground lately but I've been bogged down learning to be a DT member. I hope to be back for this weeks challenge.
Sally x

Irene said...

Morning Jules

Love, love your cards. The colours are fabulous as are the layouts. My favourite is the Christmas card with such great Christmas trees. I hope you enjoyed your Indian meal.

luv
irene
xxxx

coops said...

stunning cards jules.all so gorgeous.i really love the beautiful soft colours on your 1st card :D

xx coops xx

craftimamma said...

So glad you've had a lovely weekend Jules. Love all your snippet makes but my favourite is the first one. I just find the colours so pleasing to my eye.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarn said...

SUPER snippet cards Jules. I particularly love the first one. Great paper piecing!

Hugs, Sandra

Grenouille Greetings said...

THREE beauties, Jules. Love the soft colours and torn paper in the first one. Your Christmas trees look very merry and bright and your pink and black confection is spendid! Well done you - a hattrick of prettiness! Hugs, Lesley

Craftycat said...

Typically I just get into my crafting then have to go back to work, luckily it's just for four days (so far) and then I can get back to me crafty stash :)

Di said...

Fabulous cards Jules! I love 'em all, wouldn't be able to choose a fave as they all have that something special about them! Love, Di xx

Sarah said...

More fabulous snippet creations Jules! I missed last week but have managed to enter this week, just as well the snippets mountain is getting out of control!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely cards again Jules - I would be hard pushed to choose a favourite but I do like those little Christmas trees a lot. Only one snippet make so far this week - and only a paltry amount of snippets used. Will have to see if I can use a bit more on the next project. Had a great time searching for and spotting some hearts today. Elizabeth x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, here's my second card for this week - a late entry. And now that I have got that over and done with I'm off to check out the other folks entries :) Elizabeth x