My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 21 February 2018

TEENY, TINY TUESDAY - ON A WEDNESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday!

As mentioned on my last post I am in desperate need of quite a few teeny, tiny cards .. .. I was hoping yesterday was going to see my stock of them increased whilst my printer was churning away on wedding duties.

But things didn't go quite to plan and by the end of the evening I was left with just one part made teeny tiny creation.  So first thing this morning I decided to at least get that finished and shared.

For anyone new to my blog these cards are a whole 3.5 inches square - and I love making them - and often use this size to experiment with things.




This used:

Image printed onto kraft card:  DigiStamp Boutique "Sweet Bird House"
Sentiment:  DigiStamp Boutique Clear Stamp "Big Hugs"
White Embossing Powder
Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils (need to play more with these - things don't look quite as I would have liked)
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Pearls from my crafty stash box

It is all weddings here in the House of Hearts at the moment and the next few days are scheduled for the cutting up of card, ribbons, die cutting and printing ahead of the assembly of said parts.  

I am also waiting for deliveries to be able to start another lovely wedding order  that I gained at the weekend .. .. which means I also need to make some more space in the "wedding room".  

Now when I mention the "wedding room" does that conjure up an image in your mind of romance and prettiness and make you think it may smell of roses?  Well nothing could be further from the truth.  It does smell nice .. .. mainly because there are some lovely small scented candles in there that people like to give as favours .. .. but the rest is just the practical storing of everyone's orders and supplies with boxes stacked in various places to keep each wedding separate.  It looks like we have just moved in and use this room to store the boxes we aren't ready to unpack yet!!  LOL!!

It is a good job the London Kids aren't due a visit anytime soon because I don't know where I would put them.  Last time they visited they jokingly suggested us investing in hammocks .. .. perhaps I should look a bit more seriously into that .. .. tee hee!

Anyway, I will love and leave you and start prepping for another wedding.

Enjoy your day.  I hope you manage to find a little bit of crafty time for yourself.

13 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Jules, I love the image that you've used on this card.

Sue xx

Carole said...

Need to start looking for that house with rubber walls...like me (no I'm not rubber silly , you know what I mean)...mind you a bit of flexibility wouldn't go amiss on the old body...lol!! this little birdie on your card however looks very happy with his home..rubber or not....maybe we should opt for the simple life too!...sending hugs to you too xx

KandA said...

This is so adorable Jules and I love the tiny added heart xx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty little card Jules, a sweet image and it looks fabulous on Kraft.
It's a good job you like being busy, it does sound like fun though and it must be really nice when you hand over the orders to the excited brides and grooms.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

Love your pencil work on this little cutie and the white embossing is the perfect partner to the brightness of the image. Hooe the sun is shining where you are xx

pinky said...

The mind boggles as to the state of your home with all that's going on Jules but needs must. I love your card today!

Lorraine said...

This is a gorgeous teeny tiny card. Love the DSB image and pretty design. The white embossed words look fab.
You are one busy lady - I don't know how you find the time to be so creative....but glad you do!
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Small in size and big on cuteness!! I thought my house was bad enough, with my storage boxes of stock I have made for the Craft Fairs! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kathleen said...

Love this card, looks brilliant with the kraft, really cute image too.
Glad to ear that you are keeping busy, get Mr H to build an extension on his day off then you will have plenty of room and it will keep him out of trouble!

Kath x

Enny said...

What a lovely card Jules, beautiful on that Kraft card and the digi is so cute ! I can imagine your "wedding" room with lots of boxes, you're very busy, which means that you are very succesful too ! Have a lovely (busy) weekend ! Enny

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card.

MagsB said...

What a beautiful little card, Jules, I love the effect of the coloured pencils on kraft!

love Mags B x

Brawny x said...

What a cute card Jules. Nice. To hear you're still busy x