My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 15 March 2018

BLOGLAND STRANGER

Happy Thursday everyone!

Just a quick message to apologise for my lack of anything anywhere in blogland at the moment.

My Mum has been really poorly and I have been trying to nurse her back to good health .. ..but unfortunately I am clearly not up to the mark in that department because she ended up being admitted to hospital yesterday with suspected pneumonia.

Left the hospital around 10.45pm yesterday and am back again this morning at 9.00am for the results of yesterday's tests. 

Mum definitely didn't want it to involve a "sleep over" so she is not a happy bunny on a few counts.  No doubt today every other sentence will be "but I'm going home today" . .. . and that won't be a question it will be a statement.  Then when I say "we will have to wait and see what they say" she won't be happy because it isn't the answer she wants to hear :-( 

She has done quite well really to have never been in hospital before .. .. and at the age of nearly 88 that can't be bad.  Lots of people would like to be able to say that I'm sure.  

Anyway, best get a wriggle on.

Take care everyone. 





25 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Hope your Mum gets better soon. Hugs Anesha

Lynne said...

Oh, so sorry to hear your mum is poorly. She is in the best place for them to keep an eye on her. I hope she will be well enough to come home soon xx

Liz said...

Sorry to hear that your Mum's not well. Wishing her a speedy recovery. xx

sally said...

Hope mum gets/got home! I must admit that at almost 62 I have never spent a night in hospital either & long may that continue to be the case!

Sally xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

So sorry to read this post Jules, but I would like to wish your Mum a speedy recovery and hope that it won't be long before she's back in her own home again.

Sue xx

Carole said...

Sorry to hear about your mum, hope she makes it home very soon and makes a full recovery.Hugs xx

Anne said...

Aww sorry to hear that Jules, fingers crossed that your Mum is home soon. You always feel better for being in your own bed, especially as you get older
Anne x

pinky said...

Ach sorry to hear about your Mum Jules. Hope she recovers quickly. Totally understand how she feel though. Hospital can be so daunting, especially when you have never had to go in there before. My own Mother in law was in for 2 weeks, just out last week. Fingers crossed for your Mum. Hugs
Pinky

JanR said...

Wishing your mom a quick recovery! Take care.

Unknown said...

Oh your poor Mum Jules, I sympathise totally with her over not wanting to stay in...when I was in for a few days in Sept I must have drove the nurses and consultant mad with my constant when can I go home ?! I hope she recovers quickly and I'm sure you were a fab nurse :)
Hugs Kaz xx

AlisonC said...

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get some better news soon and your poor Mum is able to come home. x

Viv said...

Big hugs to your Mum Jules - and I hope she is soon back in her own bed at home.
You look after you too - know how tiring it is to and from hospitals. Takes it's toll - so take care. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jules, sorry to hear your Mum's poorly, I hope she recovers soon and doesn't have to spend too much time in hospital, Kate x

Anonymous said...

Wishing her a speedy recovery. Prayers are with you both.

Enny said...

Dear Jules, I wish your mother all the best ! And of course it's understandable, that you care for her, and your blog and other things have to wait. Here in Belgium, a lot of (older) people are ill with flu and pneumonia. Because of the weird Winter, symptoms stay for a long time. All the best and thumbs up for your mother ! Enny

Anonymous said...

Not taking followers? enjoy youe bolgs.

Tracey T said...

Gosh, there are so many of us in blogland at the moment who are going through this or something similar. So sorry to hear about your mum; mine has just come out of hospital so I can understand how you must be feeling. Sending you a big hug xx

cotnob said...

Sorry to hear that your Mum is poorly Jules, I hope she is well enough to come home today - she certainly has done well if this is her first visit to hospital!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Oh! I am so sorry to hear you Mum is poorly... give her a great big hug from me... hope she soon makes some improvement....
love Sylvie xx

Kathleen said...

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your Mum and hope that she will soon be home, fit and well.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

I hope your Mum gets better soon. It's always a worry when they are poorly but she is in the right place. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Quirky Shepherd said...

Hi Jules
Sorry to hear your mum is unwell, hope she is on the mend soon. Take care xx

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that your Mum is unwell Jules. I am sure you gave her the best care possible and that the hospital will continue your good work and she will soon be home xx

MagsB said...

Oh Jules, I'm so sorry your Mum is unwell. I'm sure she's getting the best care possible, but to be honest hospitals aren't the nicest place to be (for her and for you!) and I'm sure she's longing to get home.

I hope she gets well soon. Don't blame yourself, please - pneumonia can hit anyone at any time.

Thinking of you and your mum, my lovely. XXX

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and your family at this stressful time.