My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 24 November 2018

TRYING SOMETHING NEW

Hi Everyone

Happy Saturday .. .. this time next month it will be my most favourite day of the year .. .. Christmas Eve!!  

Now if that isn't enough to shock me into cracking on with more festive makes I don't know what is!!

Whilst I have been walking out with Mum I seem to have got into the habit of collecting things that I want to "have a go with" .. .. and something that has been sitting on the back of my desk patiently waiting to get a moment in the limelight is a bottle of Daler Rowney Masking Fluid.  Not the nicest smelling bottle on my desk but definitely one of the most interesting!

Then last night whilst relaxing in the bath and watching YouTube technique videos (yes, I admit it .. .. I never switch off!!) I stumbled upon this fabby video from the awesome Heather Telford using masking fluid to create a snowy sky .. .. and I just knew I needed to give it a try. 

So here is my first attempt at using masking fluid:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "4202L" Berry Red Snow White
Sentiment:  Woodware Clear Stamp Set "FRCL045" Christmas Trees
Daler Rowney Masking Fluid
Distress Inks:  Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans
Poppy Stamp Dies: Stitched Market Tags
Xmas Red Stickles
Josy Rose Nail Heads
Metallic Cord

Definitely a technique to do lots and lots and I can't wait to have another play!  I think I was perhaps a little bit heavy handed with the masking fluid and I also splashed the background with water .. .. which perhaps took it all a step too far!

Whilst having a Facetime with Mum this evening I showed her my creation and we both decided that instead of gentle snowfall I was perhaps bordering on a blizzard LOL!!

Anyway, that is me for today.   Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


21 comments:

Kathleen said...

A really beautiful card Jules, the background is really beautiful and so is the tree.
You did make me smile on a few points actually.

Kath x

JanR said...

I think it's lovely! Reminds me of those times when big, fluffy snowflakes fall and everything looks so pretty. Wonderful card!

Liz said...

Fabulous background, Jules, what a great scene! xx

Tracey T said...

Oh, this is just beautiful, Jules. Blizzard or not, it's stunningly pretty. Hope all is well xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
This is a gorgeous card... love the back ground...
happy your Mum is going on well
Hugs Sylvie xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules not sure if you got my message
Hugs Sylvie x

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Jules, the card is perfect and the technique is great. I may have to give it a go myself. Sam x

Kath said...

A beautiful card and I love the masking fluid sky.
Kath x

Enny said...

Wow, I love your "blizzard", what a wonderful card ! I also have a bottle of masking fluid, unused, but I definitely want to try it out now ! Thanks very much for the link and all the best to you and your family (especially your mother). Enny

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules what a gorgeous card, I love the images and the fabulous snowy scene. A super way to make a snowy sky. Have a lovely Sunday, Kate x

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! Jo x

Sarah said...

Wow Jules, this is Fantastic!! You have achieved such a beautiful snowy scene here, really lovely xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jules, I love the sky - you have created a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

This is just gorgeous Jules. I love the wintery scene you've created, and the 'blizzard' looks fab!
I'll be happy on the 21st Decemeber ...schools out!!
Lorraine x

Carole said...

Wow Jules...that's a storm of a card!! ...lol...fabulous all the same...glad I am not out in it. Facetime with mum!!!!...with it mum! Hope your weekend was good. xx

Carol S. said...

It reminds me of last winter when we had blizzards all day!! That's what you were trying to replicate wasn't it?!!!Lol!! Actually it is a great card and love all the berries. Hugs, Carol S.xxxx

KandA said...

BEAUTIFUL card Jules, I love the snowy background and wonderful winter scene xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, what a fantastic creation, I am loving your colour choices, hugs Pops x

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Jules love this sooo pretty, hope all is well your way. Sorry not con=mmented much been more on Facebook lately and trying to find my mojo anyway big hugs
Jacki xx

Cristina said...

Hola Jules! No conocía esta técnica, gracias por compartirla, el resultado es precioso, no me extraña que quisieras probarla nada más descubrirla! El efecto nevado aplicado a esta encantadora tarjeta me ha gustado mucho, tienes una sensibilidad especial para todo lo que creas, un trabajo delicado y muy bonito!
Un beso!!

Annmaree of Oz said...

Hi Jules, just wanted to Thank You very much for this gorgeous card I got in the mail!

I apologies I did not send you one this year as I had lost all my addresses!

I hope you are keeping well and all of your family, too. Wishing you all the very best for 2019 and hope it's a crafty year ahead for you!