My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 19 August 2021

A NEW SKETCH

Hi Everyone

At last .. .. .. another new rectangular sketch has made its way into my sketch library.

I am really enjoying working with rectangular shaped cards at the moment, so the more new sketches I can get added to my collection the better.

So here we go with Rectangular Sketch Number Six


and here are a couple of cards I have made using it.




This used:

Julie Hickey "JH1041" Birthday Background Stamp
Sentiment Die:  Hunkydory Moonstone "MSTONE004" Framed With Love
My Favorite Things Blue Prints 14 Die Set
Ribbon
Backing Papers:  Make and Create "Fresh Feelings"
White Embossing Powder
Dewdrop Ink Pads
My Trusty Sewing Machine


and I also turned the sketch on its side to make this little creation, using the same design papers, Penny Black "2062K" Fish are Jumpin stamp and a computer generated sentiment.


and that is me for today.

Please feel free to use any of my sketches if you fancy playing with them.  

There is a tab for square sketches and a separate one for rectangular sketches at the top of my blog, but I still have a long, long way to go if the rectangular ones are going to catch up with the square ones.

Catch you again soon.

12 comments:

meg said...

Thank you for your latest sketch, two great examples of cards made using them,the colours in the first are beautiful,and the Penny Black is such fun.Take care,have a great weekend Meg

cotnob said...

A super sketch and two lovely cards Jules, I love the pretty papers and fun stamp.
My youngest son started his new job yesterday, we are so proud of him for finding another job so quickly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

Another great sketch, thank you. Loving both of these cards and it is interesting working with rectangles for a change.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A lovely sketch and two beautiful cards Jules.

Sue xx

Sarah said...

Ooh, that's a great sketch Jules, thank you very much!! Love the colours on the first one and the white embossed script looks amazing on that lovely paper. The hedgies look fab on the rotated sketch too xx

Carole said...

OOOOOOh so loving these cards Jules. Love the colours you have used and I like the flower with the button in the middle on the first one. It has given me an idea for tons of craftwork card flowers I have in a similar vein. Yours does look like it could be fun foam on the picture.Great Julie Hickey background stamp too ad the second card is yet another masterpiece from you I really don't know how you do it...Fabulous! xx

Carole said...

Me again...in all that I forgot to mention your sketch! You certainly put it to good use! xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

Two gorgeous cards Jules. Love the flower one with the pretty papers. And adore the FB Hedgies. Such a cute card too.

Have a lovely weekend.
Love and hugs,
Carol xxxx

Lynne said...

A great sketch Jules and it works so well on it's side too. Both Lovely cards and that birthday background stamp is wonderful x

Lisa said...

This Heggies image is so adorable and makes for a cute card to send to anyone you need to wish well.

Brenda said...

Another wonderful sketch Jules! I love it and love both of your cards. The first one the paper are so fun as is the inky, embossed mat-just loving those colors. That sentiment is pretty cool looking too! I love flipping sketches, so love how you flipped this one. Of course I love the image first and foremost. Love how your have the fish around the sentiment, too cute! Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Lovley sketch and thanks for that, gorgeous cards too..amazing both of them..xx