My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 14 August 2021

WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY

Hi Everyone

I hope your weekend has got off to a good start.

A card for two challenges from me today:





This used:

Image:  Penny Black "1444K" Hedgehog Bouquet
Sentiment:  Penny Black "30-297" Sprinkles and Smiles
Backing Paper:  Nitwits "Dress Shoppe Collection"
X-Cut Corner Rounding Punch
ProMarkers
My Trusty Sewing Machine

The challenges I am entering are:

The Penny Black Saturday Challenge where the theme this month is "Anything Goes" or "Interactive" - I was a coward and went for "Anything Goes".

my second challenge is the As You See It Challenge


Where the theme is to "fill in the blank" .. .. and this fortnight the blank is to name your favourite animal.

I love lots of animals but have a real soft spot for hedgehogs .. .. .. especially the cute Penny Black ones!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend .. .. I hope the sun shines for you.

21 comments:

meg said...

You can't beat a hedgehog image,this one is adorable

cotnob said...

A super card Jules, such a sweet hedgehog, I had a feeling that you rather like Penny Black Hedgehogs - can't imagine why!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Jules….gorgeous PB image beautifully coloured and perfectly stitching as always…

Happy Sunday

Anne x

Liz said...

Super card, Jules. I love the beautifully coloured image - so cute! xx

Aquarius said...

You are right, the Penny Black hedgehogs are always adorable and you've made such a pretty card with this one carrying a large bunch of flowers to brighten someone's day.

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Such a cute card Jules, I love the hedgies too, but they are getting expensive to buy! Have a good week.

Debbie x

Lisa said...

Oh how I love this little image. My grandma use to love these images and I would do a few cards for her with them every year. Colored beautifully too. Oh and you are not a coward not doing interactive, those can be tough.

Carole said...

Very pretty card Jules and great coordination with the backing paper.xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Jules with one of my favourites stamps.
Hugs Wendy x

Sally H said...

What a beautiful card, Jules! the papers go so beautifully too x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card … t his stamp was one of my first ever favourites and is part of my blog header! Love your colouring and composition ❤️

Di said...

Totally adorable as always Jules! I love how the hedgie is running along and bits of petal are big shaken off. I wish I visited more often - apologies for that.

/Hugs

Di xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous stamp and card, the colours on the paper are beautiful.

Sue xx

Lisa xx said...

Gorgeous cards, the colours are just beautiful

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

How did I miss my fave PB Hedgie?!!!

Hope you are not doing too much every day!!

Love and hugs,
Carol xxxx

Brenda said...

I love this card Jules, the flower background paper goes perfect with this little hedgie and his flowers! You have this cutie colored up so well and I am just in love with him. Hugs, Brenda

Heather Cooper said...

I love this adorable hedgehog and the flowery background paper works so well with the image. Thanks for filling in the blank with us at As You See It Challenges.

Jan Clothier said...

Cute, well-coloured and the rounded corner adds interest. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

Sue from Oregon said...

Geeze, I love the design of this and especially the wonderful touch from your sewing maching! Such exact detail! Wish I could sew that straight..lol. Thanks for sharing this cutie with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Jules …such a cute image ,,,
THANKS FOR JOINING US A PBSC
Hugs Sylvie xx

Milla said...

I love your card! Such a sweet little hedgie and so beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for sharing at PBSC!