My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 23 August 2021

HEARTS COME HOME

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a good weekend and you perhaps saw some sunshine.

It is nearly time for me to start getting serious on the Christmas card front and this is one I have made for taking over to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where we are asked to take inspiration for our creations from a photograph.

This is the inspiration photograph:


Lots to take inspiration from.  

I chose the sentiment and the cute houses and trees on the mantlepiece .. ..  .. .. and my final creation ended up looking like this:




This used:

Image:  Stampin Up! "Hearts Come Home" Die Set
Sentiment:  Woodware Clear Stamp Set  "FRS771" Merry & Bright 
Background Paper:  Some of the remains of a wallpaper sample I collected from The Range.  I think I may have to go back and see if the roll has been reduced low enough for me to invest in.  I do love it, though I must admit I wouldn't add it to any of the walls in my home!!
Memory Box Die "99031" Snowflake Heart
Gold Metallic Twine
White Acrylic Paint for adding to the Christmas Trees

My Trusty Sewing Machine

Have a good week everyone.

19 comments:

meg said...

Your little houses look beautiful against the sparkly night sky and snow,a gorgeous winter scene

cotnob said...

A super card Jules, a fabulous design - such a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Jules… love your card and I can see where your inspiration came from….I really can’t think about Christmas just yet although a new Christmas die did land in my doorstep whist I was away….very strange!
Have a good week…

Anne x

Aquarius said...

Loving this row of little houses, patience required to pop the coloured details into place I guess but worth it. This is a die set I'd not seen before.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this card and your wallpaper background, it gives a snowy sky effect perfectly.

Sue xx

Carole said...

Love your scene Jules, those little houses are really cute and I like the use of the 'wallpaper'..is it black or blue...it looks very sparkly and like you I am not sure I would want it in my home. xx

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card. Love the little houses against the dark background. Elaine

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

A lovely Christmas card Jules. I love your way of thinking, using wallpaper on card, who would have thought... a great idea. Have a good week. Debbie x

Crafting Queen said...

Great Christmas card. Anesha

HilaryJane said...

I love this, it is so ingenious. I thought that was glitter paper, is it really wallpaper? It looks great anyway and I just love that you have used your sewing machine. A great card, thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstarter this month xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

A great start to Christmas cards Jules. A great card design. I must start some soon. I do have a few left from last year.

Hope you found some time to get in your garden.

Love and hugs,
Carol xxxx

Brenda said...

A beautiful inspiration photo and I love that you took your inspiration from the sentiment banner and the houses on the mantel. Those houses are so cute with the added color on them. Love that the windows are lite up as they should be on a cold winter's night. Love that sparkly, starry sky too. You are off to a great start Jules, loving this one! Hugs, Brenda

Sarn said...

That's simply lovely Jules. A bit fiddly, but worth it. Happy Rudolph Day! xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card! There's so much to inspire in the picture, isn't there? Your choice of the little houses is so lovely. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is gorgeous Jules, I love all the little houses and your design, lovely little village, beautifully coloured.
It's scary how quickly the months are disappearing, Christmas will be upon us sooner than we think. I just wonder what it will be like this year???, take care, Kate x

Sarah said...

That's a wonderful card Jules and, once again, that stitching is INCREDIBLE!! I am off to The Range later, I'll keep an eye out for that sparkly wallpaper!!

Lisa said...

Great die cut and fabulous Christmas card. Love the sparkle for the sky too.

JanR said...

So lovely! I adore the glitter paper and the heart placement is perfect. (:

Enny said...

Such a beautiful card, and what a great idea with the wallpaper ! Hugs, Enny