My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 29 August 2021

SUNDAY SNIPPETS

Hi Everyone

I hope it is a good weekend for everyone .. .. .. .. .. in fact a good bank holiday weekend (sorry if anyone dropping by isn't getting the extra day tagged on).

Now hubby is retired the bank holidays don't seem quite the magical occasion they used to be when we were younger.   Probably because each day feels like a holiday now!

I can highly recommend retirement life .. .. not that I have retired.  I still have lots of ambitions and dreams I am striving to achieve .. .. but it is good to have someone around who is happy to clear the kitchen up and even cook when things get super busy for me.  He's a good egg!!!   LOL!!!

Today I had a quick play with my ever growing pile of snippets.

I need to hang my head in shame though because I haven't been playing along recently with Pixie's Snippets Playground .. .. .. .. and it isn't as if I don't have any snippets left.   I have no excuse.  Snippet mountain still grows bigger every day!

But this is my offering for the current challenge:




This used:

Julie Hickey:  Bee Happy Stamp Set
Julie Hickey:  Layers, Frames & Banner Rectangle Die Set
MFT DieNamics:  Stitched Flowers
Punches
Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine


Everything about my card came from snippet mountain except for the card base .. .. .. so just an ultra small reduction in snippets .. .. .. but every little helps.

Enjoy tomorrow everyone.

15 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful cheerful colours in the papers and die cut flower with a wonderful sentiment,love the font.

Our warm sunny weather continues,lots of walks along the beach and dolphin watching,take care,Meg x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jules, lovely papers and colours.
I know what you mean about bank holidays and retirement, I am never quite sure what day it is now that hubby has retired - it's a lovely feeling though!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

A happy card - loving the variety of squares and flowers even if your snippet mountain hasn't reduced much. Enjoy your bank holiday

Lynne said...

A great use of snippets Jules, a very pretty card x

Stamps and Paper said...

Your snippet card is gorgeous..such beautiful bright colours...as you say our snippets never seem to go down..
Yes when your retired everyday does seem to be the same but having extra help around in the kitchen is great...

Anne x

Elaine Stark said...

This is so cheerful and colourful. We don't get this holiday in Scotland, but like you say every day is a holiday when you are retired. We just seem to have to fit a little bit more in each day, but so enjoyable. Take care. Elaine

cuilliesocks said...

I love this wonderful card Jules, gorgeous layout and colours.
Yes that's the only thing about retirement, don't qualify for holidays lol, take care Kate x

Enny said...

What a lovely card with all those beautiful snippets ! And yes, when you're retired, every day is a holiday ! (except there is still a lot of housework...) :)) Hugs, Enny

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,
You are so lucky having a 'Good Egg!! Mine wouldn't even know what to do with an Egg!!Lol!!

A very pretty card. Love the colours and the pretty flowers.
A gorgeous design too.

Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Love and big hugs,
Carol xxxx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jules. Great use of snippets too. Retirement is definitely to be recommended. 😊 xx

Carole said...

Pretty card Jules with the small squares of flowers and gingham..it reminds me of a country kitchen.It must have taken ages to stitch round it al! xx

Brenda said...

I don't think you will ever retire Jules, you always have plenty in the works from the sounds of it. lol Which is a good thing! I love that you have a good "egg", if we have one we are indeed very blessed. I am totally in love with this card Jules!!! I will be CASeing this one for sure! I love those snippets, they are gorgeous. Pattern and color wise. This is such a cute, bright and cheery card. Hugs, Brenda

Sarn said...

Lovely snippets card Jules. Very sweet and summery.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

anne said...

I absolutely love this card, the colours, the layout, everything. I may have to replicate it.
Hugs
Anne x

Di said...

I adore this card Jules - so pretty and fresh - a lovely design.

Hugs

Di xx