My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 1 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Hi Everyone

Happy 2015.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas break and managed to make some special memories .. .. no matter how small.

Ours was lovely and included celebrating Christmas and Mr Heart's big birthday "yet again".

The family have now sadly returned to their respective homes and a whole sparkly new year is upon us.  I wonder what this one will hold? 

2014 was a good year in lots of ways .. .. certainly in terms of my creative adventures (and Mr Heart's patio antics LOL!) so for me a repeat of last year would be "very nice thank you" .. .. but I know everyone hasn't been as fortunate as I have been this last twelve months, and lots of people have had very difficult problems and situations to deal with.  

I hope 2015 will be kinder to those who had a tough and difficult 2014.  

One of my lovely friends was whisked away at the last minute for a surprise Christmas break .. .. so instead of sending a Christmas card that I knew she wouldn't see until after the event I decided to make her a new year card instead:

 


This used:

Backing Papers:  Pink Petticoat "Strawberry Blooms Paper Pack"
Sizzix Die:  "657837" Word Play Alphabet (letters cut from mountboard and coloured with ProMarkers)
Imagination Craft:   Sparkle Medium "Silver"
Memory Box Stencil "Star Dust"
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Ribbon and button from my Crafty Stash Box

So that is my first creation of 2015!

No rash list of resolutions from me .. .. just one to put an insert into every card I make before I start making another !!!  This will certainly be a good habit to get into.  I do hope I can master it!! Nothing worse than a huge pile of cards that need inserts and packaging up!!

Have a good year everyone.

Love

22 comments:

Brawny x said...

What a great card. So simple but fab. Happy new year my dear! X

Sharon said...

Happy New Year Jules.
I am sure this fun card will be well received. Love the wording.
I too must finish off the insides of my cards before starting another. A nightmare having to find the paper to match the front weeks later.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Happy New Year Jules and hope you have another super crafty year.
Love your card such pretty colours and a gorgeous idea for your friend.
Sarah xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jules, the coloured letters and numbers are so pretty.
Wishing you are your family a Happy, Healthy and Creative New Year.
Pauline
x

Patricia said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours Jules.
Hope it brings all you would wish for.
Love your sweet card which your "lucky" friend will treasure.
Now!! that's one resolution I did not make and should have ...!!!
Have a wonderful day
Hugs

Patricia x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jules, glad you had a good Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you....love the card!!! Hugs Carole Z X

sally said...

Happy inserting to you Jules - May 2015 be good to you!

Sally

Crafting Queen said...

Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Love your card Jules, the colours are so pretty.
I mastered your resolution last year with my Christmas cards and it was so satisfying not to have to spend a day doing them all before I could write them!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, hope it is a good one for you. Carol x

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Jules. This is a lovely New Year card, I always send a couple of these to friends who do not celebrate Christmas. May copy this idea, if you don't mind.
Cheers
Janice W

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules - I'm sure your friend will love it.
I hope you have a very Happy New Year too!
Kath x

Sue said...

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year Jules, I am pleased you had a good Christmas.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the design and such pretty colours.
hugs Sue xx

Viv said...

Lovely card Jules. Happy 2015 and may the House of Hearts be full of love and happiness! x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabulous card... I always put my inserts in when i make a card...
Happy New Year....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Juls said...

This is so bright and cheerful :-) xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Happy new year to you Jules...

Anne

Lynsey said...

Happy New Year Jules! I love your card!
Hugs Lynsey xx

XxJULESxX said...

Beautiful card Jules!!!!

Carole said...

Great New Year Card hope your year goes as well as 2014 and even better although Dont want you disappearing totally with all you wedding stuff. Want to see you popping up on here just as much xx

Brenda said...

What a fun and festive new year card Jules! Even though 2014 wasn't the best year for me and my hubby, it wasn't the worse either. We have many blessings to be thankful for and even if hubby doesn't beat this cancer, I know that I've been blessed having him for my hubby. But I am praying that we get that Christmas miracle and he will do great on the new pills, and that the next CAT scan will give us good news for once. So I wouldn't say I care to repeat 2014, but I am thankful for the blessings we have had in 2014. Hugs, Brenda

Cynthia said...

Love love love the colors! So festive and fun and adorable!!

Happy New Year to you as well!!

Liz Armstrong said...

That's a fabulous New Year Resolution Jules! I'm beginning to think you were right to have just one … lol!
Great card : )
Liz
xx