My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 8 January 2015

QUICK CATCH UP WITH THE WORLD

Hi Everyone

I hope your new year has got off to a good start.

Mine has started off in the usual manic fashion .. .. a new year suddenly makes couples realise "they are getting married THIS year" and everything suddenly steps up another gear!  Plus there are the romantic couples who got engaged over Christmas and are eager to get things organised.

Lots of invitations have flown off the production line .. .. with lots more piled up ready for completing, and with so many other projects on the crafty list it means I have yet again taken over the whole house with creativity .. .. .with the exception of the relaxing haven which is known as "the bathroom".  I very rarely subject this room to my crafty shenanigans  .. .. although I have been known to have the occasional cleaned item drying on the back of the handbasin or windowsill LOL!!! 

All I can say is thank goodness Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains clean up off the kitchen work surface!!  You wouldn't believe the area I covered in paper and heat resistant work mats .. .. and yet I still managed to get "Picked Raspberry" distress stain all over the worktop!  Oooopps!!

So no new makes that I can share yet  .. ..  which means my new year resolution of putting an insert into each card as I finish it, and packaging it up, has been super simple to keep so far.  Tee hee!

But the new Quick Cards Made Easy magazine (Issue 135) is now available so I can at least share my favourite makes from this issue.  One of my commissions was "tiled cards" and my favourites came from there this month:



Two different techniques to achieve a tiled look but both very enjoyble to create and certainly a style I will be repeating.  It has gone way up high up on my "when I get around to playing again" list! (Whenever that might be).

OK .. .. so time to go and make a mess of the kitchen again now.  One whole bare and clean worktop sitting waiting for me to make my impact.  No Distress Stains today though. LOL!!

Enjoy your day everyone.  

My apologies for not getting any blog visiting in at the moment .. .. I am a rubbish blog buddy :-( .. .. but at least I can posting something today.  

Love

26 comments:

Gillian R said...

Beautiful cards as always Jules, hope you are keeping well

Eve said...

Hi Jules and a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU - SORRY!!
Well my new years resolution to blog more has failed miserably :(

Your tiled cards are beautiful and now that I have subscribed to QCME magazine I never miss your gorgeous creations.

Looking back over your blog in the beginning you used to work full time and post a blog EVERYDAY! How on earth did you do it?!!!

Hope you have a fabulous week.
xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Happy New Year Jules and two beautiful tiled cards! Will have to give it a go!! Susan x

cotnob said...

These are gorgeous Jules, I saw them in Quick Cards and loved them then.
Glad things are super busy for you, it must be brilliant to make a living from doing something you love.
Pauline
x

Juls said...

Both of these are gorgeous, love the circle one, it's very creative & effective, love it xx

Viv said...

Two lovely creations Jules! x

Carol said...

Two gorgeous cards Jules, the tile technique looks wonderful...both versions.
I'm thankful the the DI sprays remove easily from the kitchen table too...mine was coloured with various greens and picket fence a few days ago. Carol x

An Occasional Genius said...

Two stunning card Jules, great that business is keeping you busy but hope you get time for some 'just for fun' crafting soon. Take care xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabulous card... My Mag has just come today....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Jules,
Great to see your fantastic makes, both beautiful.
Busy, busy lady, have fun.
hugs

Patricia x

Sarah said...

These look so fresh and pretty Jules, and the tiled effect is fabulous xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two great techniques Jules, love the colours of your cards

Anne

Jean said...

Beautiful cards Jules, really pretty colour scheme.
Jean x

Jacee said...

Love the colour! fabulous cards Jules
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous cards Jules and what interesting techniques. Vovely soft colours and designs, hugs Kate x

Kathleen said...

These are just gorgeous Jules, especially love the circle card with the green and purple, tow fabulous makes.
Look you see, because you haven't posted for a while I forgot to look for the hearts.

Kath x

Brenda said...

I am loving your tiled card Jules!! How fun and they really do look like tiles! Looks like fun creating them, I need to go find me a good tutorial and give it a try. I believe SCS had a tutorial on this. You are one busy lady with the wedding things and that is a good thing to be highly in demand!! I love the story of getting distress ink on the kitchen counter, so funny and one that all of us get! You are a great blogging buddy, we all have life get in the way, so don't worry about it! Hugs, Brenda

Brawny x said...

I love both of these Jules. They are a gorgeous colour too...purples are so my favourite x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jules, these are both really beautiful, gorgeous purple, my favourite colour! Hugs Carole Z xx

Hettie said...

These cards are both gorgeous Jules. Good luck on the wedding cards.
Hugs
xx

Carole said...

Hi Jules Beautiful Cards can't make my mind up which one I like the best so both great xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the colors and the tiled look. Indeed two different styles of tiling and both are fabulous.

Debbie said...

Two beautiful thank you cards dearie. Love them, very stylish. Hope you are okay.apologies for my lack of commenting. Great resolution to put an insert in a card ready. Would save me a lot of time too. Hugs xxx

Whisper said...

Ooooo 2 stunning techniques and i especially like the first one, Luv Sam x

Cynthia said...

That color combo is just delicious!! Beautiful cards, Jules!

XxJULESxX said...

It's a beautiful card Jules love the colur!