My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 14 November 2015

KNOCK ME DOWN WITH A FEATHER

Hi Everyone

Well I am here with some amazing news to share today that has made me feel "all giggly" inside.

Some of you may remember that last year I was surprised to be nominated in the British Craft Awards under the category of "Most Inspirational Blog" .. .. .. well knock me down with a feather it has happened again this year!  


It was totally unexpected, and once again I am nominated alongside names who I consider to be the Premier League of crafting  .. .. ..  whereas I am a Sunday League player.  Just look at the amazing folk nominated.. .. .. .. 


Barbara Gray  -  One Day at a Time
Anne-Marie Catterall  -  Crafting with Hunky Dory
Sue Wilson  -  PartiCraft
American Crafts Studio
Spectrum Noir
then .. .. .. lil' old me with my Always with a Heart blog


but looking through all the categories and nominees I then had the surprise of my life to see I had been nominated a second time under the category of "Favourite Card Designer".  To be nominated once was already amazing but to be in two categories is awesome.  Mr Heart confirmed that I was his Favourite Card Designer so that was good news!

My lovely fellow nominees in this category are:


Jane Millard
Simonne Clay
Fleur Pearson
Jenny Hodges
Charlotte Stowell
and again .. .. lil' old me


Now at this point you might be thinking .. .. .. but my favourite isn't listed in either of those sections. .. .. well that's OK .. .. .. there is a final line in each category called "Other" and that is where you will get the chance to type in your own choice.

Like me you have perhaps wondered how people actually get on these lists in the first place.  Well apparently people have been asked on social media about their favourite designers, craft stores and products and the answers were used to compile a shortlist for all the different categories .. .. .. .. so "thank you" to anyone who mentioned my name and got me onto the short list. You are very kind.

I know that everyone says "I don't expect to win" .. .. but that is truly, truly true .. .. because probably like every other crafting person out there I never feel my work measures up and I am always striving to be better and learn more.  But I am loving this journey so very much and I feel the day you think you know it all would be a very sad day.  I never ever want to know it all .. .. I always want to keep playing, learning and experimenting.

Anyway, voting is now open until the 17th December and if you would like to take part then just head over to here and cast your votes and you will be automatically entered into a draw to win over £200 worth of crafting goodies (might mean re-arranging your crafty stash a bit if you are the lucky winner - but that's OK isn't it?  LOL!!).

So there we go .. .. my exciting news is out .. .. but now back to earth.  Time to make friends with Mr Dyson and Mr Sheen ahead of meeting up with a new "happy couple" later today.

Catch you soon and have a good weekend.

Love

19 comments:

Di said...

Oh Jules, this is so well deserved to be nominated in both of those categories. Good luck!

Hugs

Di xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Many congratulations Jules and so well deserved and I'm not at all suprised you've been chosen for both of these awards...your blog is so inspirational

Anne

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic and well deserved new Jules - heading right over to vote now! Good luck and hope you come out top! X

cotnob said...

Congratulations Jules, wonderful news - I will pop over and vote.
Have fun with Mr Sheen and Mr Dyson - I hope they don't hang around long!
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Eve said...

Hi Jules

CONGRATULATIONS on being nominated - very much deserved in my opinion!!
I just wish now that you actually win so I'm off to cast my vote.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Big hugs
Eve xx

Crafting Queen said...

Congratulations and fingers crossed for you.

Sue B said...

Awww I'm so pleased for you Jules!!! Huge Congratulations on being nominated! That's fab news!
I know that I visit your blog often for inspiration and ideas… and so think this is totally deserved!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Love Sue B xx

sally said...

You may consider yourself to be a part time Sunday blogger but I see absolutely no reason why you should be surprised at your success! Your wedding affairs a clearly a huge success as they keep you so busy and we are never ever disappointed by any shares that we see on the card front as mere mortals that follow your blog so throw your shoulders back & hold your head up high, I am proud to have you on my list of blogs followed!!!

Sally

Sarah said...

Well done Jules...you deserve it, all your cards are truly inspirational and your magazine commissions are always something we can all aspire to xx

Kath said...

This is great news Jules - you've got my votes!
Kath x

Carole said...

Well deserved nominee x

Kathleen said...

I love those old saying and I have to say HUGE CONGRATULATIONS and very well deserved.
Good Luck and I shall be voting.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Jules, it could be me but these links don't seem to work.

Kath x

Brawny x said...

Jules you are far too modest. I think it is well deserved. I love your style of cards. You are very talented x

Carol said...

Congratulations Jules, well deserved...been and voted! Carol x

Dawn said...

I know I'm not about much these days Jules, got into scrapbooking & colouring, so not making many cards at the moment. Very well done hon. Well deserved xx

Carole said...

Congratulations on your nominations Jules...well deserved and fingers and toes crossed for you. xx

Carole said...

Oh wow, you are an amazing designer and very inspirational, I'm off to place my vote now! Love and hugs and thanks for all you do. C x

Whisper said...

Oooo WOW congratulations for being nominated, i'm so not surprised as you are so talented, Luv Sam x