My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 23 January 2017

MONDAY'S MALE

Hi Everyone

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a really lovely weekend.

Ours was super busy because as some of you will know, Mr Heart and I were doing a "last minute" wedding fayre.  Many thanks to everyone for the good luck comments and emails.  You are all very kind!  I will tell you more about the fayre later.

For now here is my share for today:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "4130K" You Make Me Bob!
Sentiment:  Lili of the Valley Clear Stamps "Sentiment Tags"
Backing Paper:  Craft Sensations "Every Day Kraft Collection"
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
ProMarkers
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Twine from my crafty stash box

and that is it!

So, back to the wedding fayre.  It was a little further away than my usual fayres so we decided to make a weekend of it and stay at the venue the night before.  What a lovely little get away it turned out to be.

The wedding fayre was far bigger than I ever imagined!  Definitely the biggest one I have ever done, or even visited (apart from the NEC wedding fayre) and the attendance was amazing.  The organiser's had 238 brides register with them as they entered!

I can't imagine how many of them we spoke to but both mine and Mr Hearts throats were sore from all the talking we were doing to the visitors to our stand.  Normally Mr Heart is a little shy and he stands back a little .. .. but this time he had no choice.  It was manic from start to finish and I definitely couldn't have coped without him!  He did brilliantly especially when you take into account that it was only his third fayre.  Clearly when I have thought he was standing back he was actually listening and learning my patter.

Lots of interest in the stand and people already requesting samples and appointments.

So today I have wished I had the magic skills of Mary Poppins and could simply click my fingers and things would whizz back into their rightful places .. .. but sadly the magic wouldn't work .. .. no matter how many times I clicked them .. ..  I just had to knuckle down and crack on with it in attempt to get everywhere tidy again after making lots of mess in the run up to the fayre.

Not really sure why I bothered putting most of it away again though because we need it all again for a fayre in a couple of weeks which has been booked for ages.  This one is only local though so no overnight escapes this time .. .. shame !!

So that is me for today.

Catch you again soon and enjoy your evening.




16 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Jules, such a fun image and great papers.
It sounds like you had a brilliant weekend - I don't think we will be seeing much of you for a while if you have lots of samples to make and I'm sure they will all develop into lots of new brides.
Pauline
x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Hi Jules,
Gorgeous card, sounds like you are keeping very busy with the wedding fayre's.
Sue x

Carol said...

Happy New Year Jules! Sounds like a lovely little break, even if it was a working one...hope you get lots of business from it. Love those cute little hedgies, they make a lovely male card. Carol x

Barb said...

A really sweet card Jules. Very modern little hedgies! It sounds as if you had a good weekend away and potentially a great success too. That certainly is a lot of brides all in one place! Good luck with the clearing away. Barbxx

Lorraine said...

Sounds like a brilliant fair and good for business.
Love your male themed card and of course the gorgeous hedgies.
Lorraine x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Jules, and what a super sounding weekend you had. It's sound like you are going to be super busy soon.

Sue xx

Babs said...

These are my favourite stamps, and I just adore your card, fab layout love the little hedgehogs,

Hugs Babs

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Jules. The patterned papers really set of the fun image.
Pleased to hear your Wedding Fayre went well, I hope you get lots of orders. :-) xx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card... love that image.. new one to me... and the Papers...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Brenda said...

How wonderful you got a little get away with doing the fair Jules! I love it! Sounds like a big fair and so glad Mr. Heart was a big help to you! Just goes to show when you are quiet and shy, you are really gathering and learning. lol Dwayne was quiet too, so I could not see him at a wedding fair helping me out! He would have called the fair a hen party! lol Now your card had me chuckling out load, Savannah looking at me like I had lost my mind! It is so cute, that little hedgie with the ear phones on is the one who had me chuckling out loud. His expression is priceless! Love, love, love! Good luck with the next wedding fair although you don't need it as you are always a hit! Hugs, Brenda

Bev Henwood said...

I so love the Penny Black Hedgehogs, and I have a never ending list, after visiting your blog, to 'Stalk' on ebay!! I am still looking for 'A Song For You' ~ lol. I am always totally amazed how you can lead such a busy life with your wedding work and still manage to make such gorgeous cards and blog them ~ respect xx

MagsB said...

Penny Black hedgehogs are definitely the cutest, and funniest! I'm glad you had a good time at the fayre, and well done to Mr Heart!

love Mags B x

Linda said...

Thrilled the Wedding Fayre went well for you Jules! Looks like lots of hard work ahead...try not to burn yourself out! Been there and got the t-shirt to prove it.
Love the card...it makes me smile 🙂
Linda xx

Sarah said...

A great card Jules, the stamped image made me smile!! Lets hope the weekend will bring you lots of new brides to keep you out of mischief then you can have Mr Heart as your apprentice!! xx

Whisper said...

I so love this image and i so can't understand why i haven't got it !!, great man's card too.

Glad the wedding fayre went well and Mr Heart was helpful too - at the moment with packing up my house, for an open day i wish i was Mary Poppins too, as i'm absolutely shattered, Luv Sam x

XxJULESxX said...

Made me smile this one! it's gorgeous as usual