My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 12 January 2017

THOSE I MUST MAKE ALL YEAR !

Hi Everyone

Happy Thursday!

I hope you have all had a good day .. .. .. has anyone seen any snow?

Nothing here - let's hope it stays that way!

I am going to make no apologies for posting tonight's card.  I am determined that this year is going to be nothing like last year and my Christmas box is going to be filling up nice and early!  

The card I am showing tonight is one I made in various forms and colours many, many times a few weeks ago for sending to family and friends  The base for this one was cut but not finished .. .. so it seemed a good starting point. 

Not a full sized card .. .. a little 4" square one .. .. but as my teeny tiny Christmas cards were super popular with my customers last year I have decided that nothing is ruled out.  Any shape or size is good.  Just get that box full .. .. asap!!!  LOL!!!

So here we go:




This used:

Memory Box Die:  Pine Border Outline
X-Cut Die: Merry and Bright
Backing Paper:  The Lovely Studio "Ditsy Dots" (formerly Pink Petticoat) for the background and snippets for filling in the trees.
Josy Rose:  Nail Head Heart
My Trusty Sewing Machine

.. .. and that is it.  Card number one for the Christmas stock box!  Yay!!

So that is me for today.

Enjoy your evening and fingers crossed for a snow free night!


18 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Love this jules lovely dies super design. Quiet a bit of snow here and to get worse through the night, Kate x

Babs said...

Your card is very elegant looking Jules , loving the stitched edge and your little heart a beautiful designed card. I think I will be making a few Christmas cards through the following months too..

Hugs Babs x

Sarah said...

What a super design Jules, love the "merry", think I may need to seek that one out!! No snow down here in Dorset (stamps foot) and they promised!! Never mind I live in hope xx

Lynn said...

Hello Jules. I had to smile because I have just posted a card on my blog, and my utterances are similar to yours about the white stuff! A beautiful card, and yes, I too have one christmas card in my box. Well done to you! Lynn x

cotnob said...

I fabulous Christmas card Jules, so pretty - I really must do better this year!
Pauline
x

MagsB said...

This is such a lovely design, Jules: beautiful papers, and the silver card makes it feel so festive!

Stay warm and snug!

love Mags B x

Lorraine said...

It's gorgeous, love the tree die and brilliant design. I really need to get ahead with Christmas cards this year, have a couple half made!
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

We had quite a heavy snowfall this morning but it didn't settle thank goodness.
Gorgeous card, love the silver mirri and the PP trees.

Kath x

Sharon said...

Hey, well done on the Christmas card! I've thought about it but got no further!
This is a good idea for a card and a manageable size.
We've had a sprinkling of snow but it's freezing now so not looking forward to the morning.
Sharon x

Celeste said...

Sensible idea. I'll try to follow and have cards done ready for this Christmas. Love this one.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, we've had a smattering of snow here but it's unlikely to lie - we live too close to the sea for that. A very pretty card - I like the non-traditional colours and the trees are fab. Like you, I aim to make more cards as we go this year so I don't get caught out again like last year! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

scrappymo! said...

Looks wonderful. Love the beautiful DP

Stamps and Paper said...

Well done for making an early start on your Christmas cards Jules ..like the colour of your trees , lovely card

Anne

aussie aNNie said...

Looks awesome, love this one Jules.xx{aNNie}

Brenda said...

I think you are not alone in getting Christmas cards made this year early Jules! Many of us were caught with not enough made. I love this one, it is so elegant and pretty!!! We've seen more ice than snow, I will take the snow over the ice any day. Supposed to get snow tomorrow but just a dusting to an inch or so, but end as a mix. That's the part I don't like! But get this, we were 63 degrees yesterday!!!! Back to 40 today, but will be dropping. How does that work?! lol Hugs, Brenda

Kath said...

A lovely card - that pine tree die is on my 'wish list'. I've seen it used several times, always with fabulous results.
Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jules, I love the dies that you've used and the colours too.

Sue xx

Barb said...

A lovely card Jules. It really is very elegant. Barbxx