My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 13 April 2018

DIGISTAMP BOUTIQUE DT POST

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday!

I hope all is good with you.

A late make for me for my DT post this week .. .. I made my projects this morning before heading off to Mum .. .. just shows how quickly things can be pulled together!

This is what I came up with .. .. a card and matching decorated candle using one of the A4 Quick Prints called Flower Vases




These used:

Image:  Digistamp Boutique "Flower Vases"
Backing Papers: Dovecraft "Sweet Paris"
Tissue Paper
Ribbon
Heart Charm
My Trusty Sewing Machine

Certainly quick makes because it was just a case of printing first onto pale ivory card stock for the card and then onto tissue paper for the candle.  

To print onto the tissue paper I ran a snail glue dispenser around the perimeter of a thin A4 sheet of card and stuck a sheet of tissue paper to this .. .. trimming away any tissue that overhung the card edges before running the sheet through the printer.

Once printed remove the tissue from the card and cut around the image.  Lay the image flat onto the side of a candle and wrap a piece of baking parchment around the candle to hold the image in place .. .. .. scrunching and holding the baking parchment tight with one hand at the back of the candle and melting the tissue paper into the candle with a heat gun.  

You will see the image change colour slightly as it adheres to the candle .. .. but don't hold your heat gun in one spot too long or you will simply melt your candle.

Now of course there are safety concerns with regards burning a candle that has had tissue paper adhered to the outside.  Personally, if I was given a card and matching candle as a gift I wouldn't want to burn the candle anyway .. .. I think they make fabulous gifts and decorative ornaments.

But having said that I did have a wedding couple who wanted decorated candles as their table numbers.  I was rather concerned about the safety side of things .. .. but they said they wouldn't be burning them.

I did burn my test candle though .. .. which is here:


As you can see my candle has burnt right down to the tissue now and is starting to "cave in" and the tissue is starting to crinkle where the heat has been behind the image  .. .. but it has stayed safe so far.  

I put this candle on the table (along with a few others) when Mr Heart and I have our romantic dinners for two.

So if decorating and burning your candles please be aware of the safety element .. .. and do not hold me responsible if you decide to go ahead and burn your candle .. .. and never EVER use a candle to read a book under the bedcovers at midnight!!

Have a great weekend .. .. whatever you are doing!


17 comments:

Crafty Moone Cards said...

These are both so gorgeous Jules.
Sue x

Sarah said...

LOL...Thanks for the tip about candles under the bed covers!! What a lovely companion set,such a pretty image. I have never tried decorating a candle but your clear guide has made me more confident about having a go!! xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous set Jules. Love the cas design and pretty candle.
I used to do lots of candles like these when I had a craft stall and always enjoyed doing them. I found it quite satisfying when you peel off the wax paper to reveal your image on the side of the candle.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

That is a really pretty image Jules, looks great on both the card and candle and the plain background really sets the image off.
Have a good weekend.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

Very pretty card Jules and a matching candle. I agree with you re burning tissue candles. I actually paint flowers on mine with Acrylic paints and the paint just drops off. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carole said...

I am in awe of the speed with which you get things done Jules...and still produce such beautiful makes.So glad your mum is improving...must be a relief for you. Wishing you a god weekend..hugs xx

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card and candle. Thank you for the explanation on the candle, it does look really lovely, but whether I’d be brave enough to have a go is another matter 😊 x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card and candle,so pretty. Have a great weekend.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card and candle Jules, these make a wonderful gift. Glad to hear your Mum is improving.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh yes, I've done the melted candle bit Jules, but your card and candle are both gorgeous, love the floral image, it's so pretty, Kate x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card and matching candle Jules, pretty flowers - I must get on and make something with the ones that accidentally fell into my basket last time I visited the DigiStamp Boutique.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kath said...

A fabulous card and candle - what a lovely gift this would make.
Kath x

Anne said...

Wow can't believe you made these so quickly!
Really a beautiful set that would make a lovely gift.
I've done candles before but never thought to use a pre-coloured image and this one is perfect.
Anne x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Super toffe kaart. Mooi gedaan. Fijne zondag
Stunning card.

Claudia

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

Brawny x said...

Omg Jules how do you do it Superwoman! This is fabulous. I keep meaning to try a candle. You might've inspired me as this is beautiful. A lovely set...love it! X

Sylvia said...

Stunning card and candle,Jules.Love the pretty vase and flowers.Beautiful colours too.

Gr,Sylvia.

Unknown said...

Beautiful gift set Jules, I've never decorated a candle but I really fancy having a go now :)
Hugs Kaz xxx