My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 23 February 2024

CHRISTMAS KICKSTART CHALLENGE #83

Hi Everyone

Well, another week has whizzed by super fast .. .. and sees my crafty stash starting to dwindle and get packed away slowly but surely (boo hoo)!  

I am already starting to feel serious withdrawal symptoms approaching and know that eventually I will be left with hardly anything to play with.. .. .. .. and who knows how long it will be before it all gets unpacked again because there will be lots for us to do once we move. 

Perhaps I am going to need to put an "emergency crafty fix kit" together to pull out when the withdrawal symptoms get too much to handle LOL!!!

Hopefully soon we will have our actual moving date .. .. .. or am I going to see the Spring flowers in my garden appear for the last time?  I won't be sorry if I do though because it is a lovely sight.  Especially the bluebells.  I love those.  I was hoping the new "house of hearts" couple would have the pleasure of seeing all the bulbs break into flower, but the first daffodil is getting ready for opening .. .. .. so perhaps that treat is meant to be mine.

But anyway, yesterday I had a little crafty play, which culminated in me having Christmas card number 14 to add to my collection and take over to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme this time is "Out on a Limb" .. .. .. which is basically things you find on a tree at Christmas time.

So I have gone with what is probably my favourite part of Christmas .. .. Christmas lights .. .. .. 

This used:

Die Set:  Lawn Fawn "String of Lights"
Sentiment:  Julie Hickey "DS-DE-1020 Christmas Border A6 Stamp Set
Lots of Glitter Card Snippets
My Trusty Sewing Machine


Still time to play along if you fancy going "out on a limb"!

Will catch you tomorrow with my new sketch for this week but in the meantime have a great day!

9 comments:

meg said...

Your Christmas lights twinkle beautifully Jules a brilliant make

Aquarius said...

A super glittery string of lights and just right for the challenge. Maybe you will have the best of both worlds with the Spring flowers - some in your current garden and hopefully some in the garden of the new house as well. Hope you manage to put together a little emergency craft kit to tide you over 😊

Sarn said...

Good idea to get an emergency crafting kit in place.

LOVE this glittery Christmas card xxx

Sarah said...

I love those twinkly lights Jules. the shape reminds me of the red, green, yellow and blue ones from when I was a girl back in the 70's xx

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely sparkly card. I am sure an emergency crating kit will prove to be very useful. Spring is coming so quickly my daffs and camellia are out already xx

Dotty Jo said...

Make the "emergency crafty fix kit", Jules - it's surely an essential. Love your beautiful card. I adore Christmas lights and am truly grateful that my husband takes care of all that for us. I just do the decorations. Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Liz said...

Super Christmas card Jules, I love the string of lights. xx

LesleyG said...

Twinkly Lights are my favourite too, and I love your sparkly card. Oh please do make an emergency kit, you will need some rest and time out. Xxx

Pauline C said...

Absolutely love this Jules, you have made the lightbulbs look really dimensional and the glitter card works superbly!
Pauline xx