My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 27 February 2024

I FEEL A NEW OBSESSION COMING ON

Hi Everyone

I hope your week is going to plan.

I am a little worried that I have sent myself along the track of another obsession!!

Not only can I not stop making this type of card (I make one most days in various colours and for various occasions) but I now feel I might also end up on the same slippery slope with this style of card too because it holds so many possibilities   .. .. 


This used:

Globeland Postage Die (via Amazon)
Sentiment Globeland (via Amazon)
Images:  Digital Download from DigiStamp Boutique (sadly no longer trading Boo Hoo!!)
Backing Paper from Snippet Mountain
My Trusty Sewing Machine

This is the second postage stamp style die I have purchased .. .. the main draw being that it included lots of additional dies, the most useful being the rectangles to fit within each section.  

I have lots of ideas and plans for this style of card .. .. .. just not enough time to put them all into action at the moment.  

The first postage stamp die I purchased was simply a background frame and is also brilliant but for a different reason .. .. .. I will share that one with you another day.

13 comments:

Pauline C said...

This is stunning Jules .. I love how you have used this die. Funnily enough I have been considering getting this die myself as it does indeed look very versatile!
Pauline xx

Sarn said...

It’s a lovely card with the pretty little images within each stamp.

Can’t wait to see what else you make with this and the other postage stamp die you mentioned. X

Kath said...

A fabulous card Jules and a great die too, perfect for so many occasions.
Kath x

Lynne said...

Love your monochrome card Jules. I have the Waffle Flower postal collage and found it useful for all those little Penny Black stamps that I wouldn't normally use x

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a stunning make! This is lovely, Jules. Long may your new addiction continue, Jo x

Aquarius said...

Fabulous! I know just what you mean about becoming obsessed with different ways of using this die because I find myself doing something similar, bringing out stamps from my stash to fit into the spaces. My die came with a few smaller dies but, strangely not ones which actually fit the squares or rectangles (they are just random shapes). Guess there must be a few different incarnations of this die.

Carol L said...

This is a fantastic little piece of art with all those postage stamp images and monotone colors. I admire your patience with stitching all those tiny pieces too.

meg said...

A fabulous diecut to showcase smaller stamps,a beautiful card

Elaine Stark said...

I love this die too. I may need to buy it. Elaine

Linby said...

This kind of die is addictive. You've given it a whole new look with this design, great inspiration.

HilaryJane said...

This is great and I can see the endless possibilities. I have been enjoying all the postage stamp cards around recently and I have a die like that on my wishlist. you continue to be amazing with your stitching. Those shapes are very small. I am looking forward to seeing more xx

JanR said...

What a wonderful any occasion card! The stitching certainly elevates it to the next level! Can't wait to see future creations using this die.

JD/ Jill said...

I can see why you like this card design. I know that I like it too. Your certainly made a fabulous card using it. Now you may have passed an addiction on to me...because I want to try it too.