My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 16 February 2024

TEENY TINY FRIDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday!

Today I decided I would satisfy my never ending "compulsion to do something crafty" by making a  couple of  teeny tiny cards .. .. which for anyone new to my blog measure a whole 9cm square.

These are what my little crafty session produced 

Firstly a birthday card .. .. .. 


This used:

Image:  Altenew Leaf Canopy Stamp and Die Set
Sentiment:  LOTV Embossed Labels
Frame:  MFT-926 Stitch Round Square Frame
Distress Oxide Inks:  Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce and Broken China
Ribbon
Papers and card from snippet mountain
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and then a Christmas card to help with that new year resolution I rashly made to produce a Festive card every week.  My 2024 Christmas card total is now 13!  .. .. woo hoo!!


and this used:

Stampin Up! Die Set:  Hearts Come Home
Sentiment:  LOTV Christmas Sentiment Tags
Frame:  MFT-926 Stitch Round Square Frame
Card and Papers from Snippet Mountain
Die Cut Snowflake
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

My crafty supplies are "very slowly" starting to get packed away (but to be totally honest every other room in the house is much further forward .. .. including the kitchen!!)  Note my order of importance .. .. .. yes .. .. .. I can go without kitchen supplies much more easily than I can cope without crafting goodies LOL!!!).  

Mr Heart is becoming aware of just how many snippets I have actually accumulated over the years .. .. .. most of which I blame on years of wedding work which have resulted in mountains of offcuts that I could never bring myself to part with .. .. just in case!  LOL!!!.  After all a placename card doesn't need much card at all does it!

Wedding invitations invariably had RSVP cards and a small envelope for returning it, so I have been turning some of the offcuts into card blanks that will fit into the last of the small envelopes that are still in my collection, and I am passing these to a local charity store.  They make up little craft packs which they sell out of as quickly as they make them.  They have also gained quite a lot from "snippet mountain" for adding into the packs .. .. because lets face it .. .. .. we never run out of them do we?  I am sure they breed whilst we are asleep.

Last time we did a drop off to them they showed me the craft packs they had been putting together in their "crafty corner" .. .. they looked lovely .. .. but I resisted the temptation to buy one!  LOL!!!

Anyway, catch you soon with my new sketch for this week.  Be good until then!

10 comments:

meg said...

The colours and design layout in your first card is beautiful,love the Christmas version of the layout too

LesleyG said...

I’m with you on the kitchen versus craft room. How lovely to have a charity shop invested in selling craft stuff in that way. Whenever I look in our local ones, it’s all just chucked in a corner, and a wonder any of it sells, crumpled and dog eared. Anyway, beautiful cards as always, and I’m getting better at finding the heart. Just tell the Mr that the more care you taking packing and sorting, the less there’ll be at the other end. Xxx

Liz said...

Two super cards, Jules. So much detail in a tiny space. I’ve just been scrolling through all your recent posts I’ve missed. I’m not sure why they haven’t been appearing on my reading list. Lots of beautiful creations.
Liz xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely makes Jules...love the little frame you've used to make your gorgeous cards....Love the sweet Christmas card with it's frames scene....our snippets piles never seem to end...what a lovely idea giving them to the charity shop to make crafty packs...
Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Anne

Lynne said...

Fab little cards Jules. I have that frame die and never use it, but your cards have inspired me especially the lovely Christmas card. Have a good weekend x

Sarn said...

Totally love these 2 teeny tiny cards. Well done for making a start on packing up your craft room x

JanR said...

So adorably cute! Loving the colours and the glitter. I chuckled at your comment about being tempted to buy a craft pack....I think we've all been there. (:

Sarah said...

A gorgeous pair of teen tinies. You are to be admired for your resistance. I know how loud those craft packs can shout!! xx

HilaryJane said...

Both these cards are just perfect. Good luck with the rest of your packing xx

Pauline C said...

These are both beautiful Jukes and so dinky! I love them both but am particularly struck by the beauty of the Christmas scene - fab! Not sure how I have gotten so far behind in commenting on your blog!!
Pauline xx