My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 24 February 2024

JUST TO SAY .. .. ..

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all  looking forward to your weekend .. .. .. ours started with one very big covering of frost, but some beautiful sunshine has since appeared and has now melted it all away.  Definitely makes a change from all the rain we have been deluged with recently!

Today I am sharing sketch number 20 which has been added to my rectangular sketch library (you will find others on the tab at the top of my blog if you fancy playing with any of them|).

I used the sketch to make the type of card that I am always grateful to see in my stock box when I need a card in a hurry .. .. a "just to say" card!  Always handy to have on hand because they can be used for a multitude of occasions.


This used:

Image:  Stampendous Cling Stamp "CRR112" Ranunculus Field
Sentiment:  LOTV Digital "Stamp Block Sentiment"  (love this sentiment set and use it loads and loads)
Card and Paper from Snippet Mountain
ProMarkers
Spellbinders:  Circle and Scalloped Circle Dies
Unbranded Stitched Tag Die
Nail Heads
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and Sketch Number Twenty


Not made for any other reason than the fact that I need lots and lots of cards before my little crafty pod is finally emptied of all things crafty and the big move happens.  

Enjoy your weekend and I hope you manage to find a little bit of crafty playtime to lose yourself in!

Take care.

13 comments:

Lynne said...

Love this sketch Jules and your colours are gorgeous. Still in awe of your perfect stitching :) x

Pauline C said...

Stunning card Jules .. I love the image and the layout with the tag is fab,
Pauline xx

meg said...

An absolutely beautiful Just to Say card,

Eve said...

Hi there Jules,
your card is absolutely sunning as usual and I love that sketch - I will have to borrow that one :-)
Hope you are managing to stay on top of the packing and your craft goodies are the very last box in the moving van!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Love Eve xx

Aquarius said...

Thanks for sharing another great sketch and finished card - love it, particularly that sentiment which is such a handy one. Managed to lose myself in a crafty morning so a good start to my weekend, hope yours is good.

HilaryJane said...

The sunshine today definitely made the cold morning worth it. Love your card, all the elements work together perfectly xx

Sarn said...

A lovely tag card. Smashing flower stamp too. Xxx

Sarn said...


A lovely tag card. Smashing flower stamp too. Xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely sketch for your tag card Jules..lovely colours that blend so well...like you I also keep cards with 'Just to Say' in my box as they cover many events..
Like many people so fed up of this wet weather..

Anne x

Anne x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Jules, and your soft pastel shades are just lovely, I love your design, Kate x

Carol L said...

The stitching gives this pretty card a real home spun look and I love those pink flowers. I don't envy you having to pack up and move but hopefully that will go well in the long run.

Sarah said...

Yes, it's been lovely to see a bit of frost instead of rain. But, I fear, rain returns tomorrow, for us in Dorset at least!! Another super duper sketch, love the pretty colours here xx

JD/ Jill said...

Thought that I had commented on this card...but I don't see anything. I know
that I printed out your sketches. I hope to give them a try. I'm not very good with sketches...but with your lovely sketches and beautifully made card for examples...there may be hope for me.