My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 31 March 2024

HAPPY EASTER WISHES

Hi Everyone

Oh dear .. .. .. how manic is my life?!?!?!?  LOL!!!

Big apologies for the lack of blog visits and posts from me over the last week .. .. ..  but life has gone up a gear on a few levels.  More about all that when I next post.

For now I am here with my sketch for this week though.  Another for adding to my square sketch collection which you will find at the top of my blog.


This used

Image:  Penny Black "1927K" Bunny Friends
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Backing Papers:  My Lovely Studio "sadly no longer trading"
ProMarkers
Corner Rounding Punch
Nail Heads
A teeny tiny flower from my die cut flower box (I have small boxes that contain just random die cut flowers, another for butterflies, another for leaves, another for snowflakes.  I just cut and add them to the various boxes from offcuts as I go along to dip into later)
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and my sketch for this week .. .. number Fifty Seven


So a new sketch done .. .. tick!

I have also been playing truant from the snippets playground .. .. which will never do.  

But hopefully the lovely ladies in the playground office will appreciate what I have done with some of my offcuts this week.

We have got very friendly with a local charity store whilst doing our house clearance, and when dropping things off to them on Friday, for some reason physical price tags came into the conversation .. .. they make their own when they get chance using a craft punch.  But because I have all this time on my hands (LOL!!!) I volunteered to make them some. 

So here is my little collection for dropping off to them on our next visit.  I don't know how long this amount will keep them going, probably not long because they are always very, very busy, but I will definitely be making them more in the hope of making a little difference

1.  To the charity store

and

2.  To snippet mountain 

Here is the finished result ... .. and yes .. .. there is a heart tag included (just the one) .. .. can you spot it?


... ... and here are the snippets I used with the help of a die set that  I purchased from The Works many years ago!


Sadly no time for a Christmas card this week though .. .. .. .. .. my rash new year promise is broken and I am only three months in .. .. .. boo hoo!! .. .. .. but I will rescue it by imposing a forfeit on myself later when life calms down again.  I am determined to have 52 made by the time December is upon us!

Hopefully catch you again soon and fingers crossed the Easter bunny called by to leave you a treat.

13 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Awww your bunnies are just the cutest and beautiful DPs too! That was very the of you to make your local store some tags, I'm sure they will love them!

Sarn said...

Beautiful Easter card with the sweet PB rabbits. Lovely sketch too

Well done on using up your snippets AND helping your local charity shop into the bargain.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Sorry you didn’t have time to hunt for Easter eggs, but come up to the treehouse & I’ll make you a reviving cuppa after all your hard work xxx

meg said...

I almost missed the heart in your gorgeous Easter card Jules,the Penny Black bunnies are fabulous. How did you find the time to make and thread all those tags.

LesleyG said...

I just adore that bunny image, what a lovely card, and what a lovely (if mad lol) gesture to make the tags, although you are a tease, but I did find it 😉, and I think you’re excused from the Xmas target. Be careful though or you could be on the naughty treehouse step next time 😂xxx

Aquarius said...

The bunnies are perfect for Easter and you've certainly done a very worthwhile job with some of your snippet mountain. Very well done for helping out your charity shop with this brilliant contribution. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Kath said...

A lovely Easter card Jules - such a cute PB image. I love your use of snippets to make tags too.
Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

What a darling card Jules, love the bunnies in a row, Kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your cute Easter card Jules love the colour combinations….such a great idea making tags using up your snippets and I’m sure your charity shop will be very grateful

Anne

Di said...

Gorgeous card Jules and you used one of my favourite PB stamps - probably enabled by you many years ago!

How lovely of you to make all those tags! I did Saturday afternoons in our local Hospice Charity shop for many years and we did get through those little tags - things like jewellery, belts etc are prime examples. What a darling selection you made too! I think I did spot the heart shaped one but won't say here.

Hope all is going well will the moving plans.

Hugs

Di xx

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card with your bunnies Jules and I love that sketch. Reading your post about little boxes of various die cuts, I do that too but always forget to have a look through them! What a great way to use those snippets for the charity shop too! x

JanR said...

So cute! Such a sweet stamp and the papers are so pretty. Betting the store was very happy to see all those fabulous tags.

anne said...

I love this card, beautiful colours and the papers are lovely too and not forgetting the lovely sketch.
Great idea to use snippets to make tags for the charity shop, I use snippets to make floss drops for my stitching threads.
Hugs
Anne

Eve said...

Hi Jules,
I absolutely love your Easter bunny card - not sure if I have that stamp!

Well done you for making all those tags for the charity shop, I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Hope the move is going well and you will soon be in your new house of hearts. Also hoping that you will be able to unpack your craft stash before the kettle and toaster!!

Love Eve xx