My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 9 March 2024

WITH LOVE

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a productive week.

All super busy here as the House of Hearts home move progresses.  We have had so much to read and work through from the solicitors that we have both been grateful we actually attended our reading lessons and didn't play hooky from school and skip them!!  LOL!!!

Moving has definitely changed big time since we moved here nearly 33 years ago.  In those days everything took around 6 weeks.  It is nearly 6 months since we did the first viewing of our new pad. 

So we are getting close to needing to start packing "everything we can manage without on a day to day basis" in readiness for beginning the "deep clean" prior to the great escape.  My remaining crafty goodies will be being lovingly packed over the course of this week (boo hoo) .. .. .. leaving me with just my emergency crafting kit.  

This week amongst all the legal and Mum stuff, I have been trying to get lots of cards made and orders completed to cover the next few months as I fear it is going to be quite a while before everything is available to me again and my "new normal" life begins.  Oh dear, I can feel withdrawal symptoms already!  I wonder how big a box Mr Heart will consider "realistic" for an emergency crafting kit?  LOL!!!

Anyway, onto my sketch for this week.  I decided to go for a square one and  used it to create this:


This used:

Image:  Purple and Gold Butterflies Watercolour Clipart Bundle WondersArtist (via Etsy) This one image is part of a huge bundle of over 400 images.  They print beautifully and have an amazing price point.  I am definitely looking forward to playing with more of them!
Sentiment Die:  Hunkydory Moonstone "MSTONE004" Frames With Love
Backing Papers:  Pink Petticoat/The Lovely Studio (sadly no longer trading)
Nail Heads
My Trusty sewing machine

and of course Square Sketch No. Fifty Six (you can find the other Fifty Five on the Tab at the top of my blog if you fancy having a play with any of them).


and that is me for today .. .. and to keep my new year resolutions going, tomorrow I will share my Christmas make for this week.  Just need to go and make it now, along with a few others for the up and coming weeks!!!  LOL!!!

Enjoy the rest of Saturday.

12 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous Spring/summer colours,love the image and background papers,good luck with the amount of craft supplies you manage to keep

Dotty Jo said...

Moving house just seems to take forever these days. Having said that, it took me 6 months to get into my first house and that was 35 years ago. Love your card - Spring is really in the air, Jo x

Sarah said...

That's a lovely image Jules and the sketch is perfect to showcase it. I reckon a LARGE suitcase would be a reasonable size to house an emergency craft kit!! xx

HilaryJane said...

this is so pretty. Love the colour too. Good luck with your packing and moving xx

Liz said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jules. Great layout and I love the colours you've used.
Good luck with preparations for your house move.
Liz xx

LesleyG said...

Beautiful card Jules, and I can’t imagine the pain of being parted from your craft stash for so long……couldn’t you sneak a small trailer somewhere….xxx

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card in some of my favourite colours and another brilliant sketch. Good news about your impending move but why does EVERYTHING seem to be so complicated and take forever these days??? Making up an emergency craft kit must be so difficult - I wouldn't know where to start or what to include/leave out - makes my brain hurt just thinking about it 🤣🤣

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card in my favourite colours. Hope your move goes well when it gets here. I hate to think of all the stuff we'd have to clear if we moved. x

Lorraine said...

This is so pretty Jules. Love the colours and design.
Good luck with all that packing
Lorraine x

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful as always!

Hope all goes well with the packing up, etc.
I may have mentioned this on your blog before... we have lived in our home way longer than you have lived in yours. It's the only house we ever purchased.
I don't want to even think about what It would be like to pack all our stuff up. Hubby may not agree with me...but I am ...NOT... the only pack rat in this house! SNILE

Pauline C said...

This is so delicate and pretty Jules - love it! I hope you can keep enough stuff in your emergency crafting kit to keep you going ... it's amazing what you can do with a few inks and stamps!!
Pauline xx

JD/ Jill said...

I thought that I had commented this beautiful card. Don't see it...so I guess I didn't...smile. Love the design, the colors, well. everything about this card!~