My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 15 March 2024

RASH PROMISE TICKED

Hi Everyone

Happy weekend eve!

Just flying by with my new sketch for this week.

I am back to a rectangular one .. .. although to be fair even my rectangular ones can be adapted to work as square ones.  Just make them fatter!  LOL!!


This used:

A wide variety of card and design paper snippets
Sentiment:  Computer generated
MFT Dienamics Die:  Blueprint 14 for the flower
Ribbon and Thread
Nail Heads
X-Cut Corner Rounding Punch
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and my new sketch .. .. Rectangular Sketch Twenty Two


I am taking my creation over to The Snippets Playground where we are encouraged to use up our offcuts rather than cut into fresh new sheets of card/paper etc.

Sorting my crafty goodies ahead of our move has seen all of my snippets come together into one place.. .. and boy there are tons and tons of the little blighters!  My blog could be easily be renamed as "Always with a Heart, A Stitch and a Snippet or two!"  LOL!!

Some of the mountain comprises of offcuts of design papers, but I also have lots of offcuts of plain card and paper from all the weddings I have done over the years .. .. .. so I need to think of ways to use all of those too!  I shall enjoy that!

Sadly I didn't take a "before" picture of my snippets (sorry ladies) I was far too busy just delving into the box and changing my mind about what to use .. .. but my whole card (other than the card base and the length of ribbon) came from my mountain of snippets. 

Have a good weekend when it arrives everyone.  Won't be long now!

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Love the sketch.
Brilliant neutrals behind the bright pink flower. Perfect.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground even though you’re very busy. Take 5 - I’ll bring you a cuppa over xxx

meg said...

A wonderful layout in neutral tones with a beautiful splash of colour in the dicut flower

LesleyG said...

Another beautiful card and layout Jules, and a great way to use your snippets. Have a good weekend xxx

Aquarius said...

So many lovely snippets used on this beautiful card - just right for the Playground challenge. Such an interesting sketch too with lots of possibilities and easily adapted for other proportions. Have a good weekend

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Jules and like your computer generated sentiment …love all the different shapes and colours on your card ..great sketch too I should be more adventurous with my snippets

Anne

Di said...

Wow Jules, what a stunning card! I LOVE the neutrals with the added pops of colour. The gorgeous green papers and ribbon are just perfect foils for the flower and nail heads.

Love the sentiment you generated too!

Hugs
Di xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous card, Jules! I love the soft background colours that really make your flower pop, and the sentiment is so stylish!
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x

Eve said...

Hi Jules,
I absolutely love your card and that pop of pink.
The sentiment is perfect - I must try and find new fonts for my computer.

Your post card die addiction has reeled me in good and proper!! I had to order that die and have been having a play with it. Your previous card is stunning and you have saved me some pennies by not knowing where the floral paper is from - that would have been another must have purchase!!

I'm so glad that you are still managing to find time and space for a few more cards before you have to pack everything away.

Thank you so much for the sewing machine help I will take a look at the video when I pluck up the courage to tackle the tension problem!!
Hope things are not too stressful and you have a wonderful weekend.

Love Eve xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love the pretty flower die - one of my favourites. Your snippets box sounds a bit like mine!!
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

Another fab sketch and I love that pretty colour combo too xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jules, lovely design and colours, Kate x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Jules, love the pop of pink with the flower, and great use of snippets. I too have an overwhelming pile of snippets, but strangely I so often can’t find the colour of card that I want!!
Pauline xx