My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

BABY BOY'S BIRTHDAY PLUS HANDY HIPPO VOUCHER WINNER

Hi Everyone

Here mega quickly today to share the birthday card that hubby and I made for our baby boy's birthday on Sunday.  Time is going far too quickly  .. .. it doesn't seem two minutes since he arrived on the scene!!

He is a super, uber talented musician so this seemed a really appropriate image for him:

This used:








Image:  Teddy Bo
Sentiment:  Computer Generated using a free font from Two Peas in a Bucket called "2 Peas Gift"
Go Kreate Die:  Large Frames Scalloped Squares
ProMarkers
and  lots of love!!!

So what was hubby's input in the creation?

He thought up the words for the top of the easel (considering one was his Son's name it wasn't too time consuming) and he also rummaged about until he could find a plectrum to use as the "stop" for the easel.  Where did it appear from?  The garage of all places?  Oh well, at least we had one.

So who "was" the winner of the Handy Hippo gift voucher?   Kerry was overwhelmed with all the comments that came through and you can find the winner on the Handy Hippo post here.

That is me for today.

I will catch you again tomorrow.

Love

29 comments:

Beryl K said...

Wow, this is fabulous Jules, the plectrum is the perfect embellie for this guitar playing bear
Beryl x

Loopylou. said...

jules this teddy bo is just fab!!! love his guitar playing and the way you popped out the name at the top looks really cool!!
huge hugs Lou xxxx

PinksyDoodles said...

Fabulous card Jules. I bet your son loved it, even more so because both his parents were involved in making it.

Hugs, Clare x

Carol said...

He'll love it Jules, a gorgeous card. Carol x

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Jules,love the plectrum idea.xxx

lisa said...

You've both made a brilliant joint effort card, Jules. I love it and I'm sure your Son was thrilled with it. The plectrum is brilliant.
Hugs Lisax

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Jules, wow i love the easel card! very funky! bet Steve will love it!

Janette said...

Great card Jules, love the image, so cool, your son will love it. Janette x

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Jules :o) Love the image and the plectrum makes the perfect stopper for your easel! Lisa x

Viv said...

You see I told OH when he converted our garage into my office and craftie space that all the stuff I'd hoarded out there could come in useful.. as he threw it all in the skip.....
And you've just proved it! Where else would you find a plectrum????? LOL Great card and a fab ted image coloured beatifully as always! x

Jacee said...

Fabulous card Jules, I'm sure he'll love it especially when he knows his Dad has had some input, wish him happy birthday from me too.
Hugs Jacee

Sarn said...

PERFECT!

Hugs, Sandra

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous loving your colours here, fabulous hugs pops x x x

Debs M said...

great card from the both of you ;) x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules, this is so lovely, a fab image beautifully coloured and I love how you've done the lettering. Great idea for the plectrum stopper. Hope your son has a fab birthday.

Donna x

Tracy said...

All your details work beautifully together. Love the plectrum, and how nice to have done your sons card with your hubby.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the image and the font for the sentiments is great.
Nikki x

coops said...

wow, fabulous card jules.i love the stunning image and really striking colours and design ;D

xx coops xx

Sally said...

Hi Jules, a smashing card with a great image, absolutely perfect & the plectrum is a nice touch. I take it your baby boy plays guitar? Mine too.
Sally x

Jenny said...

Uber cool card Jules and I'm impressed hubby helps...wouldn't it have been cool if the plectrum was heart shaped!!!
Jenny x

coldwaters2 said...

What a super card Jules love that'cool dude' bear image and the design
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, I love the style, sure your son will love it, the pick is a great touch! and love the font, and groovey guitar bear!!!

Too Fun!

Cynthia said...

Awesome card! I love the image and the way you distressed the words and letters. Very cool!

Louise said...

What a fab image and beautifully done as always.
hugs louise xx

Juls said...

Hi Jules

Thank you for your very lovely comment you left on my blog

I am still playing catch up in blog land at the mo, I have enjoyed having a good look around your blog to vheck out everything I have missed, such inspirational work as always!!

Loving this card, it is so funky!! and I adore the colour combo!

Hugs Juls

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, I bet you suffered somewhat when he was learning to play that guitar, but youve created a stunning card for him its full of details and colour. hugs Shirleyxxxx

ribenaruby said...

Hi Jules, thankyou for leaving such a nice comment...will try and remember funky fifteenth!!! Love the card, wonderful joint effort. Ruby x

Amanda said...

Such a perfect card I bet baby boy was very happy. Whenever I make cards for hubbies family he likes to give his input always makes me laugh when he helps/hinders my efforts lol.

Mervi said...

Hi Jules,
wow, this is gorgeous,
congrats;-))m