My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 26 September 2011

HAPPY HANDY HIPPO POST - WEEK 4

Hi Everyone

Well can you believe it?

Week four in my Happy Handy Hippo posts.  Doesn't time fly when you are having fun!

This week I have made a card which is a little different to the usual style I show .. .. just to prove that firstly, I can do things other than cute LOL!! and secondly that Handy Hippo sell a really wide range of gorgeous supplies .. ..  whatever style you are into.

Everytime I visit I see something new .. .. as well as super bargains!!!

So, here is my make for this week






Again if you click on the magic button below you can see all the lovely goodies I used for this creation. They have been automatically added to a shopping basket and you can remove anything you do not need (or add anything else you can't resist).


As there were no questions about my project last week I thought I would share today how I used a Cuttlebug Embossing folder to make the embossed background on today's project.

Firstly, I rubbed a memento "cocoa" teardrop inkpad all over the inside of my embossing folder.  Just on the one side .. .. the side that has the word "Cuttlebug" written on it.



I then closed up my folder with my choice of card sandwiched inside.




Run it through the Cuttlebug (or whatever die cutting or embossing machine you use) with the Spacer A plate in place and your cuttlebug folder inbetween two B plates.

Once through your machine and opened up your card will look like this .. .. super scrummy!!!



The last step .. .. wash your embossing folder!!!  You need to be nice and love your crafty stash .. .. then it will do nice things for you in return.

I hope you all enjoyed today's project .. .. as well as my little tutorial .

Have a great week and I will see you next Monday with a Christmas Happy Handy Hippo project.  Even my hubby went "ahhhh" when he saw it!!

Love



(and all the lovely friendly people at Handy Hippo)

35 comments:

Doreen said...

Your card is gorgeous Jules,love the paper piecing.and a great tutorial.xxx

Lynne said...

Gorgeous Jules. I love the warm autumn colours and a great tutorial too. Now that`s another EF `need`.lol.
Lynne xxx

Debs M said...

lovely card, great idea with the embossing folder x

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Love the sepia colour tones! Hugs Juls

Denise said...

Beautiful card - thanks for the embossing folder tutorial.
Hugs
Denise xx

Carol said...

Love this Jules and thanks for the tutorial. Carol x

Marjorie said...

Love this card hun, Love the colours and those flowers just pop off the page. Your tuturial is great, I'm going to give that a try...I have a few embossing folders but never use them :)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card. I love the layered flowers and the twine is such a great addition.
Nikki x

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Jules,beutiful image and love how you used the Embossing folder,thanks for tuturial.
Wendy xx

Janette said...

Lovely card Jules, great tutorial, have not tried that before, but will be having a go now, thanks. Janette x

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous card! Definitely one of my favorites!! And thanks for the tutorial too. ;-)

Jenny said...

Those flowers are so dimensional Jules, your shading is amazing :)
Thanks for the tutorial too :)
Jenny x

Irene said...

Hi Jules

A beautiful card I love the colours and use of embossing folder.

irene
xxxx

Sandy said...

Jules, love the paper piecing and the bling:) This card is great!!!

Sarn said...

WOW - this is a definite favourite card. LOVE those flowers.

Hugs, Sandra x

Di said...

Fabulous Jules, gorgeous colouring too. I've been using my brayer to do this same technique (the only successful use I seem to have for it right now!) - but it means one less thing to wash doing it your way! Thanks honey :) Love, Di xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Simply stunning :-)

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome card Jules~ pretty color choices....

Sally said...

Hi Jules, a super card & I love the way you've layered some of the daisies, nice touch. Another great tutorial, which I will endevour to follow but I have one question please. I only have an Embossing Boutique so what would I put in with my folder sandwich? I only received a very thin shim with the machine.
Sally x

Louise said...

Love this card the flowers the colours everything
Hugs Louise xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Jules :o) Love those flowers and the embossing looks fab! Lisa x

Debbie said...

Wow Jules your card is amazing.I love the bakers twine, the flowers which are beautifully coloured, the papers, in fact everything.Enjoyed the tutorial on using ink in embossing folders it looks really effective.Have a nice evening.Love Debbie x

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Beautiful card Jules. Gorgeous autumnal colours and the layered flowers look fabulous. Great technique with the embossing folder too. xxx

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Jules, love the flowers and they look so amazing layered up. A great tut hun will definately be trying this.

Donna x

Vicky said...

Wow Jules...fabulous card hun...love the decoupaged image and super embossing too sweetie....

big hugs Vicky xx

susiestacey said...

Great card Jules, always fun to do something different x Susan x

coops said...

stunning card jules.fabulous colours and design and i love the gorgeous sunflowers :D

xx coops xx

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Jules,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules this is gorgeous those flowers are wonderful so is the design
Hugs
Lorraine x

Faye said...

This is GORGEOUS. That embossing technique has created a fabulous result. Must try. xxx

Anonymous said...

OH I really love this card jules, totally awesome!!

Beautifull flowers and love the texture too!!!

Fabulous!!!!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, beautiful card Jules.
luv
Debby

XxJULESxX said...

oh wow gorgeous card Jules!!!

pinky said...

Its really gorgeous Jules.

Pauline said...

Great card Jules, love the autumnal colours and that flower stamp. Hugs, Pauline