My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 28 October 2020

DUCK-NOEL

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a lovely Tuesday .. .. it was a bit rainy here but not too bad.

Here tonight with a card that is even smaller than my usual teeny tiny cards .. .. .. .. .. this one when folded is just a fraction under 3" square! 

But for saying how small it is when folded it was a nightmare to photograph.





This used:

Image:  Penny Black "2985L" Duck-Noel
Backing Paper:  Make & Create "White Christmas"
Spellbinders:   Circle Die
ProMarkers
My Trusty Sewing Machine

So rather than using the stamp as one continuous image I decided to mask off each letter and make a concertina card.

I am taking my little make over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge where the theme is always "Anything Goes" and an optional theme this month of "Too cute to spook".  But as I don't have a need for a Halloween card I opted for another much needed Christmas card.

Catch you again soon.


17 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful fun make,the ducks are adorable peeking out from behind the letters making up the Christmas sentiment

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Jules,love that stamp.xxx

Aquarius said...

A fun card and what a great idea to stamp the ducks individually.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fantastic way to use this gorgeous stamp, I love the card you've made and I would never have guessed that it was so small.

Sue xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, looks much bigger than it is. x

Sarah said...

Oh wow, that is brilliant Jules and looks mahoosive until you see the wooden stamp!! A really fabulous card in one of my favourite Christmas colour combos. Tuesday was wet here, not looking too bad at the moment, I managed a ride out at 6.45 just in case!! xx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous Card Jules ....love the Stamp ..
Thanks for joining us at PBSC....
Hugs Sylvie xx
Lovely sunny day here xxx

cotnob said...

A super concertina card Jules, I love the fun ducks - a great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Quirky Shepherd said...

I Love this card fabulous x

Eve said...

Hi there Jules,
remember me?!
I am back blogging after a very long absence. I saw a card you posted ( Penny Black "3907J" A wish for all time ) and fell in love with it and it gave me the inspiration to start card making again. But I now NEED that stamp and have been searching eBay ever since!!!
I love your Penny Black concertina card and it is very clever of you to mask it off and use the image separately. So glad that you are still blogging and sharing your wonderful cards.
Hope you and your family are all well.
Love Eve xx

Brenda said...

Well know, aren't you the clever one Jules! I love how you made this teeny tiny into a concertina card! Such a cute stamp, and it works so well done this way. Adorable Christmas card for sure. That darn duck is just too cute! Hugs, Brenda

Sally H said...

What a brilliant way of using that wonderful stamp! It is still one of my favourites... must get it out and have a play xxx

Claire said...

How fun and darling are these ducks, it just screams happy and isn't that what we all need at the moment. I love how you extended the stamp and popped a ducky and letter on each page... that is genius x

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Jules love the idea of masking off those sweet little ducks

Anne

JD/ Jill said...

This is really cute!

MagsB said...

Oh what fun! A lovely card, Jules! (And thank you so very much for the kind message you sent me, I was really moved and had to grab a hankie, blow my nose and wipe my eyes. You are an absolute sweetheart. Thank you!)

with much love, Mags B x

Milla said...

Oh what a great card! I love the folding and the way you used the stamp for the single images. The colours are fab, too. Thanks so much for playing at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!