My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 13 October 2020

TEENY TINY CHRISTMAS

Hi Everyone

Happy Tuesday!

My day always starts by turning the calendar bricks over that stand at the top of our stairs .. .. .. and this morning I couldn't believe we were nearly halfway through October already!  For saying we haven't been allowed to do much on a social level, this year is certainly disappearing mightily fast!

So with that in mind I decided that today my crafty fingers were going to work on a teeny, tiny Christmas card.  This time a teeny, tiny shadow box card (for anyone new to my blog my teeny tiny cards measure 3.5 inches square).. 





This used:

Memory Box Die "98257" Modern Landscape Border  -  this die comes out every year, I just love it
Sentiment:  Computer Generated using font Aracne Condensed Regular
Go Kreate Die "Frilly Squares #3"
ProMarkers
Silver Glitter
Snowflake Die Cut from the snowflake Box
PaperMania Shimmer Dome Sticker
Glamour Dust
Stitched edge die .. .. unbranded from Amazon
My Trusty Sewing Machine


A great way to use up bits of card and paper from my snippet mountain range (yes, there is more than one mountain looming here unfortunately). .. and if you are unsure how small a piece of card you should keep in your snippet boxes .. .. my little doors and windows on my card must be the smallest snippets ever.   

I am now off to share my creations over at Pixie's Snippets Playground

I found out this evening why this card shape is called a shadow box .. .. .. you can't take any pictures without a shadow being cast somewhere in the inside LOL!!

I hope everyone has had a productive and enjoyable day despite all the doom and gloom news on the COVID front.


19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful card with lots of details and lovely designing. ♥
Robot really dislikes me....grrr

meg said...

A beautiful creation with a wonderful snowy scene Jules

Lisa xx said...

Oh wow, this looks terrific, the sentiment matches scene perfectly.....I really must make more "shaped" cards, I do seem to autopilot square cards

Aquarius said...

You are right about the year flying by despite all the troubles - surprises me too. This is brilliant for the Playground Challenge and doubly so when you realise just how small the actual card is - just love it.

Stamps and Paper said...

Your tiny shadow box is so sweet Jules and I can see how you used up those tiny tweety scraps.....a super make..
Dry and sunny here at the moment in our part of Somerset ..have a good Wednesday

Anne

Kath said...

A fabulous shadow box Jules and great use of snippets too.
Kath x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jules, you have created a sweet scene - you certainly manage to add a lot of detail to your teeny tiny cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Jules, beautifully designed and I love the little scene, lovely colours too, Kate x x

Carole said...

This is so cute and lovely Jules and a great way to use those snippets. xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I love this, how cute is the wee box!!! Simply adorable, Hazelxx

Sarah said...

Those snippets must be about the size of ice cream sprinkles Jules!! They do look amazing though, it's the little things that make such a big difference!! Fabulous card xx

Crafting Queen said...

Love your card. Hope you are well.

Sarn said...

Oh that's just FABULOUS Jules. I have that die and never thought to colour the trees allowing for SNOW! You are a genius!
Hugs, Sarn x

Kathleen said...

This is brilliant, love the black and silver frame and the lovely scene.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,
Another cute card. Love all the detail and a great design.

I must admit I have one large box and 2 folders full of scraps! I have been trying to use them as often as I can.

Got hospital appointment tomorrow and will let you know the outcome.

Love and big hugs,
Carol xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

It's hard to believe that this is one of your tenny tiny card Jules, there's so much detail in this fabulous cards.

Sue xx

Dotty Jo said...

What a magical little scene! Love the snow on the trees, Jo x

JanR said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love this!!

Di said...

Wow Jules, what a stunning little shadow box scene this is - a delightful card.

Hugs

Di xx