My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 12 October 2020

SUCCULENTS

Hi Everyone

I hope you all had a good weekend and the new week ahead is going to be kind to us all.  I dread to think what is coming and just hope that we all stay safe and well.

Many thanks for the lovely comments on my card of yesterday.  So pleased it wasn't just me who liked it!  LOL!!

So this is the card that our youngest son sent to his brother .. .. another download I was really happy to find .. .. so much choice within the set and a dream to colour:



This used:

Image:  Vera Lane Studios "Succulents"
Sentiment:  LOTV "Male Simple Labels"
ProMarkers
Backing Papers from the Snippet Mountain
ProMarkers
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I created the background using Serif Craft Artist 2 and then added the sentiment and the succulent images on top, using the "png" file versions so the plants just sat as a white image on top of the background ready to be coloured.

Catch you again tomorrow with a teeny tiny creation .. .. yep, nearly Tuesday already!


13 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yes another super image, great choice of colours and love the two colours of the backing card as they go so well with th black and white striped papers.

Kath x

meg said...

Beautiful lilac and green colour combo it looks so effective against the black and white background papers,the weeks seem to be flying in it'll be November before we know it have a great week Meg x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Jules .....love it ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabulous card ...love it
Hugs Sylvie xx

Lisa xx said...

Oooh how lovely....beautifully coloured, as usual. The bright colours pop against the black and white background

Aquarius said...

You are so good at finding super images and these have come together to make a super card.

Claire said...

Hmm, I like the idea of cacti for a masculine card and I love the way you've incorporated the hearts without making it to soppy, it's a nice balance. Beautifully coloured too x

Stamps and Paper said...

What a great card Jules and love your succulent image another great find..
Happy Tuesday

Anne

cotnob said...

A super card Jules, a lovely image, you've coloured it beautifully.
There is not much change here at the moment, but the numbers are gradually creeping up, I hope you are OK.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous card Jules, loving the cacti images and wonderful colours, super design too, Kate x x

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a great make, I love those colours you have used. Im a sucker for a succulent!! Easy to grow and keep alive!! Hazelx

Mrs A. said...

Spent ages looking for the heart and then bam there they were. Same on my desk put something down and I go blind to seeing it even in front of me. Love this card. So right for a male. Holding my breath for what’s in store for us all Over the coming months. Hugs
Mrs A.

Sarah said...

A super card for a chap, love the colours you have used here and I bet it was much loved. My Nan left us many years ago but I can still hear her saying "you have to accept what you can't change". Wise words Nanny!! xx