My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 16 October 2020

PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE

Hi Everyone

Hopefully your Friday has been a good and productive day .. .. .. nearly the weekend again!!!

I am in Christmas mode at the moment and feeling quite cuffed with myself because normally at this time of year I am running round like a headless chicken panicking as to when I will have chance to pull all my Christmas makes in.  

But this year I have been sticking rigidly to my New Year's Resolution of making five Christmas cards each month and it has made a really big difference .. .. .. I actually make this resolution every year .. .. .. but this is the first year I have managed to stick to it (to be fair though it is mainly down to all the wedding work going pear shaped this summer).

Still plenty more Christmas makes to get through though and this is my latest offering! 




This used:

Crafter's Companion Die:  Partridge in a Pear Tree 
Sentiment:  Penny Black Clear Stamp Set "30-310" Believe
Backing Paper:  Pink Petticoat
Stitched Edge Die:  Unbranded from Amazon

and no Trusty Sewing Machine .. .. .. shock horror!!

Catch you again tomorrow!

Enjoy your evening and the weekend when it arrives.  

Next, I need to catch up on what changes Mr Johnson has made today! 

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Love that sentiment Jules, your card is gorgeous.
Take care
Doreen
xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great make. Love the die. I get so confused so now just dont watch Boris as we are all with our different with our restrictions up here. Hope they dont make things to difficult for you, Have a good weekend, Hazel x

meg said...

Hi Jules,
A brilliant die cut focal image in gorgeous colours,teamed with a wonderful sentiment and backing paper,wish I had done as well as you,my Christmas pile is growing to slowly

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and design. I must say moving into big Christmas push too.

Claire said...

That's an unusual die, took me awhile to find the partridges but I found the heart straight away... Der, sometimes my brain doesn't just wander it clears off completely for very long periods of time lol. Anyway, its nice to see some paper piecing and the gold mat gives an elegant finish to a beautiful Christmas card x

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really pretty Christmas card. I'm the opposite this year...so far, I have only made three Christmas cards. Last year at this time...I had most of my cards finished, and for the first time ever, I had them in the mail right after Thanksgiving day. Not happening this year!

Lisa xx said...

I couldn't agree more....if nothing else, I have a healthy stash of Christmas cards to show for my time in lockdown.

Another beautiful card, with a lovely and very fitting sentimeht

Aquarius said...

Love the way the tree is off the page. Have a good weekend - if it is allowed!!

Lynne said...

A lovely card Jules and a great sentiment. Have a good weekend x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Jules...and such a true saying....

Anne

Sarah said...

I love that bold die Jules and the colours are really lovely too. Such a great sentiment, sounds a bit Grinchy!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend xx