My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 13 November 2023

ACROSS THE MILES

Hi Everyone

I hope your week is off to a good start.

The weather is definitely very Autumnal here with the wind swirling a multitude of different coloured leaves all along the roads!  Not my most favourite season I must admit.  I love the colours but not the dark evenings or the thought of worrying winter weather looming.  

My share for today is a Christmas card which uses another of the cute images from the download I purchased on Friday .. .. .. I just knew this was the next character I "needed" to use.  I love the outfit so much that I would love a jumper just like it!  LOL!! 


This used:

Image and Sentiment:  Amanda Jayne Designs "Ultimate Christmas Bundle"
Backing Papers:  Buddly Craft - Kim MacFarlane - Silent Night Digi Papers
Memory Box Die:  Snowflake Heart
ProMarkers
Diamond Stickles
Glossy Accents
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I am trying really hard to make "at least" one card every day and will hopefully be here again tomorrow with a Teeny Tiny Tuesday creation.

But each card needs to be created alongside us working on what we are calling "project downsize" .. .. .. .. where we are sorting out our house ready for moving to pastures new.   Not an easy project!  We have lived here for 32 years and have accumulated far too much. We are all sold and have found our next nest .. .. .. but can't take everything with us! 

Various local charities are doing well out of us, and anything that we don't need which will help someone else is being passed along.  I just wish I could be given £1 for each time one or other of us has said "why on earth did we keep this?" LOL!!!

We have moved house a few times during our very happy marriage, and a couple of times the saying "new house, new baby" has turned out to be true .. .. .. but there is no chance of that anymore (unfortunately).  Those days are long gone.

Anyway, enjoy what is left of today and I hope the week is a good one for you.

12 comments:

meg said...

Your penguin is adorable,love his jumper,good luck with the move, downsizing is a nightmare,we wrongly thought we had been quite ruthless,thankfully one of our sons helped out.

Sarn said...

Very cute Christmas card.
Good luck with the downsizing project and with the move itself xx

Pauline C said...

Another very cute character Jules, and I love the paper piecing on the sweater and hat, it looks really dimensional. Good luck with project downsize … we may approach a similar project whenever my husband decides to finish work, and I keep telling him we should start some groundwork but he is naturally a hoarder lol!
Pauline xx

Aquarius said...

Just love that sweet penguin bundled up in his beautiful sweater and hat - such a happy image. Good luck with your downsizing and with the move, hope all goes well

Carole said...

He/she is cute and looks very fetching in matching hat and jumper. I am sure you could knit one for yourself in your 'spare time'..hmm?..lol xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Jules! I had to come by to thank you for your kindness this morning! I love it when 'new' folks stop by! It gives me the perfect opportunity to return the favor and enjoy the darling cards that others make!
First off, I love your blog name and the reason behind it and this little penguin is the cutest ever!
I've had a lovely visit and notice that you use digital stamps... good for you - I don't have the proper printer for it!
Thanks again!
=]

Kath said...

Your penguin is so cute and I love the colours you've used too.

Good luck with your downsizing and your move too. Although we're not going to move, we've tidied and decluttered over the last few years - it's a good feeling!

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous image Jules and a beautiful card. I must say I love that jumper too.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Your little penguin loos so cosy all wrapped up ... downsizing is something we should be thinking about...we did have our house on the market before Covid...its a huge ordeal moving but I'm sure you'll be looking forward to pastures new.

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

A lovely cute card Jules, love the image and your colours.
Good luck with downsizing, Kate x

Sarah said...

I do love the Amanda Jayne penguins and this one looks very cosy in that gorgeous wooly pully!! Another great card xx

JD/ Jill said...

Your Penguin is just adorable! great coloring.

Hubby and I are living in our Starter house...(it's small) but we never moved again... And our small house had way too much stuff... (we have lived in our home way longer than you have lived in yours. I dread the day that I would have to move...way too much stuff to downsize.