My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 1 November 2023

HANGING AROUND

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for the lovely welcome back to blogland!  You are all so very kind. 

It really is great to be back and I am enjoying seeing what everyone has been up to during my absence.  Lots to catch up on that's for sure!

A quick share today that uses a lovely stamp from Woodware .. .. it is one from a collection of botanical style images .. .. and they are really lovely to colour.   

This used

Image:  Woodware Clear Stamp Set FRM032 Hanging Basket
Sentiment:  Penny Black Clear Sentiment Set 30-297 Sprinkles and Smiles
Die Set:  Julie Hickey Layers, Frames & Banners Rectangle Die Set 
Backing Paper:  an offcut lurking in the snippet collection
Ribbon
Josy Rose Nail Head (it is looking like they are no longer available - boo hoo!!)
My new trusty sewing machine


So just a few supplies and another card completed.

I will now introduce you to my trusty new sewing machine .. ..

My old machine certainly didn't owe me any favours .. .. it had been very well used for over 40 years on hundreds of projects ranging from clothes, curtains, cushions, speaker covers and of course latterly lots of card projects.  But it decided to draw the line at sewing funky turbans and the motor burnt out!

Panic!  It felt like the end of the world!

I wasn't allowed out so had to choose a new one based purely on an internet search and reviews .. .. and Mr Heart kindly fetched it from HobbyCraft for me.

It has taken a lot of getting used to, and I am still not as familiar with it as I was my old one, but I will be after another 40 years!  LOL!!

In some ways it is better than my old one, but in others not so good .. .. but I love it anyway .. .. and that is all that matters. 

Looking at your lovely blogs I am reminded that Christmas isn't too far away!  Must bring the Christmas stash to the fore.

I hope you have all had a good day whatever you have been up to .. .. and Happy November!!


17 comments:

Carol L said...

What an absolutely beautiful birthday card you've created and I love the layers. I really like that snazzy looking sewing machine too - have fun with it! Welcome back to blogland, may your future be brilliant and filled with lots of crafty joy!

meg said...

So jealous of your new seeing machine,mine is on it's last legs but is hardly used now. A beautiful image,sentiment and choice of colours,spotted the heart straight away

LesleyG said...

Wonderful card, love the backing details to the image, and the colours you used. Interested in what you miss from your old machine. I’ve got a dinosaur one, and it’s too scary to change, but it’ll happen one day…xxx

Linby said...

A beautiful design with your signature heart.
Nice sewing machine. I still can't get used to mine after 8+ years! I've had a few over the years.

Liz said...

Super card, Jules. I recently bought this stamp, it really is a super image and so easy to colour. Enjoy your new sewing machine. xx

Carole said...

Well you certainly haven't lost your touch Jules. A lovely card, super colouring and a great looking new sewing machine to add to the mix. Love that sentiment too! xx

Lynne said...

A lovely card Jules and lots of pretty layers. Your new sewing machine looks a bit too complicated for me. I rarely get mine out and when I do I can't remember how to load it, so one like yours would be too much :) x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful birthday card Jules a lovely image beautifully layered...Wow your new sewing machine looks great...having a fun time playing with all the new stitches..

Anne

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules and a nice easy heart to find. Your new sewing machine looks very smart - I'm sure you'll get used to it soon!
Kath x

HilaryJane said...

What a perfectly CAS card. I love how you have framed it and added texture. Thanks for introducing us to your new trusted sewing machine. I haven't had mine out from under my desk in a very long time. You have made me want to change that xx

Sarah said...

Love the colour combo on this gorgeous card Jules. That looks like like an amazing sewing machine, I am sure you will soon get to know each other!! xx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Jules ….lovely to have you back …your cards are always si inspirational…".
Hugs Sylvie xx
Just getting in to wax seals ….love them xx

Aquarius said...

A super stamp indeed and a lovely card. Had to look carefully a couple of times to find the heart - duh!! Must be out of practice 🤣. Janome has always done me proud, good choice

Sarn said...

What a splendid card. Love everything about it. Your machine stitching is so neat. Love the coloured succulents in the little basket. xxx

Pauline C said...

Another beautiful card Jules - Woodware do some gorgeous stamps and this one is a beauty. Congratulations on the new sewing machine ... I've never done any sewing since secondary school, and the less said about that the better!!
Pauline xx

anne said...

A lovely pretty card, I love how the background layers set the image off so well.
Anne x

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card! And a great looking sewing machine!