My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 16 November 2023

PATCHWORK CHRISTMAS

Hi Everyone

Thursday already!!

Who is stealing the days this week that's what I want to know?  Time seems to be flying by super fast.  I clearly must be having far too much fun because school weeks when I was a kid used to last forever in comparison.

Today's card is a Christmas version of a card I posted here .. .. and truth be told I am a little obsessed with making them.  Firstly because it uses up the smallest pieces of backing paper and lengths of ribbon and secondly because I really enjoy doing all the stitching .. .. so a "win" on two counts.  Well three counts actually if you count having a finished card at the end.

So here is my patchwork Christmas card


This used:

Papers:  Nitwits Collection "Yuletide Cheer"
Sentiment:  Julie Hickey "DS-HE-1020 Christmas Border A6 Stamp Set
White Embossing Powder
Spellbinders:  Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Dies
Ribbon
Fabric Puffy Metallic Snowflake Embellishment
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I'm not sure where the puffy metallic snowflake came from originally .. .. .. I have had a collection of them for quite a while because I used to use them as decorations at the wedding fayres alongside my Christmas themed wedding stationery.  

But weddings are no longer part of my life .. .. ..  that boat has now had to sail of into the sunset as I cannot commit to them any longer.  

All of my weddings are now finished .. .. .. with venue stationery for the very last one being completed by a lovely fellow exhibitor who I met at the wedding fayres.  We hit it off straight away and became good friends and she was my first port of call .. .. .. .. doing a brilliant job for me "and" the happy couple.

So the remainder of my wedding stash is available for general use now, which gives me even more card, ribbon, lace, gems and embellishments to play with!   Unless I open a little on-line shop?  Now there's a thought! 

Not sure how I am going to store everything when we move .. .. .. but bless him Mr Heart hasn't once said "exactly how much stuff have you got?"  LOL!!!

Enjoy the rest of today and I will hopefully catch you again soon.  

10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

It looks great and it is always nice when you find a design that works well for multiples that you enjoy making xx

meg said...

You used beautiful papers and embellishments for your card Jules,such a gorgeous design

Pauline C said...

Another very stylish Christmas card Jules .. a great way to use up lovely paper snippets
Pauline xx

Aquarius said...

You've certainly made brilliant use of those small bits and pieces with some beautiful stitching to form this patchwork card. Such a good idea

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Patchwork card Jules and a great way of using up all those scraps of paper...he sparkly snowflake really finished off the card beautifully

Anne

Carole said...

Lovely colour combo Jules and a great card for a male/female too! xx

Sarn said...

Gorgeous card. Your stitching is so neat xxx

Lynne said...

A lovely choice of snippets for your fab card Jules x

Sarah said...

LOVE those papers Jules and your incredible stitching. Martin is talking about putting wood flooring down in my work room. I am actually a little bit scared to let him see inside!! xx

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful! Love this card design!