My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 12 November 2023

SUNDAY SNIPPETS, GRATITUDE & A NEW SKETCH

Hi Everyone

I hope your weekend has gone well.

No Christmas card from me today .. .. today is about remembering those who lost their lives whilst in conflict.


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them

and here is my card to say thank you to all of those who have fought so bravely and selflessly .. .. ..
 

This used:

Image:  Penny Black Clear Stamp Set "30-155 Blooming Garden"
Sentiment:  LOTV  Embossed Labels
Backing Papers:  From the huge Snippet Mountain Range
Distress Inks:  Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage
ProMarkers
X-Cut Corner Rounding Punch
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I am taking this over to the Snippets Playground where another challenge has started today - but sadly I didn't take a picture of my snippets before I started putting it all together .. .. .. I got carried away .. .. .. but I promise no full sheets of card or paper were harmed in the construction of my homework.

This card (pretty much) uses a new sketch that I have finally worked out how to draw and add to my rectangular sketch file.  My new laptop is Windows 11 and it is proving to be a big learning curve for me.

Over the last year or so I have been "doodling" in a little notebook that has gone everywhere with me and loads of the pages are full of new sketches   .. .. .. so gradually my square and rectangular sketch library tabs will be increasing in volume.  Please feel free to use them if you like the look of any of them.  The tabs to access them are at the top of my blog.

The rectangles are lagging behind the squares greatly so I will work on bulking that section up first. This is the one that has been drawn, used and  added today:


I hope the coming week is kind to everyone and I will catch you again soon..

16 comments:

Aquarius said...

Beautiful poppy image

HilaryJane said...

I have been away, so have missed some of your posts. Now catching up. What a beautiful remembrance card. Your poppies are beautiful and I love that background. Thanks for sharing your layouts xx

meg said...

The perfect image and card for Remembrance Sunday,

Sarah said...

Blimey Jules, I have missed loads while I have been at work this week!! Excellent cards, one and all. This particular one is absolutey spot on for today (I have been sobbing while watching War Horse this afternoon). A brilliant sketch too, will try that one out!! xx

Di said...

Hi Jules! Have just written one of our 'War and Peace' emails to you - and then you pop up. A gorgeous card and so perfect for this weekend!

You sure are back with the wind behind your sails - go girl!

Big hugs

Di xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, perfect for the day. Hugs Anesha x

Tracey T said...

Beautiful xx

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Jules. I love the layout of your design and the poppies are beautiful. xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful poppy card Jules … love the colouring and layout
Pauline xx

Carole said...

Beautiful in every way!! What more is there to say? xx

Linby said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the new sketch too.

brenda said...

Nice to 'see' you again Jules and so pleased you are still creating lovely cards.

B x

Kath said...

A beautiful card and a lovely sketch too.

We've also just had a new laptop (ours 'died' on us a few weeks ago) and Windows 11 is being a learning curve for us too!
Kath x

Stamps and Paper said...

Simply Beautiful Jules

Anne

Sarn said...

Fantastic poppy card and a wonderful sketch.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you for a mug of hot chocolate in the treehouse x

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, and another great sketch!