My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 25 October 2016

TEENY, TINY TUESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Tuesday!

I hope you are having a good day, and if not that it improves smartish!!

Here with my teeny, tiny make for this week .. .. .. which for anyone new to my blog measures a whole 3.5 inches square.

A more subtle touch of tartan today and one of my favourite techiques .. .. embedded die cuts:




This used:

Image:  Memory Box Die "Pine Border Outline"
Sentiment:  X-Cut Die "Merry & Bright"(my card is too small to use the whole sentiment)
Backing Papers:  First Edition Paper "Vintage Noel" and a scrap of Pink Petticoat paper
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine
We R Memory Keepers Envelope punch board

and that is it!

Short and sweet from me today!  I am trying to get some new wedding samples together ready for the next fayre, alongside the occasional Christmas card.  Definitely what you call "happy crafting".

Catch you again soon.

Love

15 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful tiny card Jules. Love the papers together and the tartan trees! Classy as always! enjoy your week. xx

Aquarius said...

Love this card and also that technique - given the overall size of the card they are some small fiddly pieces to deal with though I would think!

cuilliesocks said...

Wow love it, love the tree die and the pretty paper piecing, I still say it's amazing what you create on such a tiny card, Kate x

Tracey T said...

What a lovely mini-make. The tartan/gold combo looks great xx

Barb said...

A beautiful and very elegant card. I love the technique. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Jules, a pretty die and great technique.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jules. love the technique you've used, so effective. I really must have a go at that!
Lorraine x

AlisonC said...

The Christmas cards are coming thick and fast now!
I love this card with the gold and tartan, it's so elegant. I've seen this die before and now I really want it...

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card abs a great technique Jules

Anne

Carol said...

Hi Jules....always lovely to catch up with you! Lots of wonderful Christmas makes on show as I look down your latest posts and this one is no exception.
Hope we can have cushions on the naughty step...it's getting a tad chilly now! Carol x

Kath said...

A fabulous card - love the tree die and the papers you've used too.
Kath x

MagsB said...

A lovely card, Jules! I love embedded die-cuts, too, it's such a clever technique and looks so much more difficult than it really is! Have a good week!

love Mags B x

PS In Quick Cards you mentioned making bows with 'bunny ears' and I'm so glad you did! I was taught that at school but for some ridiculous reason never used it on my cards, instead I faffed around with a bowmaker and lots of unfortunately lurid language! Thanks so much for reminding me of the best way to make bows!!!!! X

Celeste said...

Very pretty

Brawny x said...

Love this Jules. Never heard of this before so had a look on the net. Great card and I will try this x

Unknown said...

I have never tried the embedded die cut technique yet but it is now on my radar thanks to you. This card is adorable times 6 (for the six trees). Will let you know if I need help with my first embedding! Thanks Jules!