My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 3 November 2020

TUESDAY CATCH UP

Hi Everyone

Apologies for not being around for a few days.  Life has been super manic here .. .. but more about that later.

Belated happy November!  I wonder what chaos it is going to bring with it as we in England gear ourselves up for another month of lock-down.  Not for one minute do I expect us to come out of it come the start of December.  But we shall wait and see .. .. .. I would be happy to be proved wrong.

In the meantime I have lots to keep me amused here in the House of Hearts.  You could lock me down for two years and I would still have plenty to get on with.

It has all been super busy and the weekend saw us turn all the green tomatoes from the greenhouse into green tomato chutney .. .. .. and it is now sitting alongside the beetroot chutney we made a couple of months ago.  Another job off the list but sadly no crafty play time.

No luck in us finding any wallpaper for the kitchen yet .. .. and if we don't find something before lock-down kicks in then I can see our Christmas dinner being prepared in a "part decorated kitchen". But hey ho .. .. in the grand scheme of things what does that matter.

My bride who distributed her revised wedding invitations the other weekend has once again seen her wedding plans cancelled due to the impending lock-down.. .. .. .. but the minister was able to marry her tomorrow!!  Yay!!  So  quite a bit of my time has been spent frantically preparing repeat invitations, order of service booklets and placename cards for a "scaled down" wedding.

Surely nothing else can scupper things for them now and they will soon be a super happy "Mr & Mrs"!

So once all the wedding work was completed and delivered, and another order completed, I treated myself to a little play and created this scrapling card.  For anyone new to my blog these measure 6.5 x 13.5cm.




This used:

Background Stamp:  Stampin' Up! "Gorgeous Grunge"
Butterflies:  Hobby Art "CS077D" Butterflies
Versafine Ink Pad "Onyx Black"
Versa Color Ink Cubes: Orchid, Turquoise, Heliotrope, Paprika and Seafoam (stamping the background and painting the butterflies)
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and there we go.  All back on track again with a big crafty clear up planned for tomorrow.

Please stay safe and keep well .. .. .. and prepare yourself for the panic buying.  I nipped to the supermarket for Mum this evening and there were lots of empty shelves again.

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous card and beautiful image/stamp .xx

meg said...

You have been busy Jules,hope you managed to get wallpaper for your kitchen.A beautiful butterfly scrapling card.Take care,stay safe Meg x

Aquarius said...

Super card - love that the butterflies are 'off the edge' and set off nicely by the grunge lines. Panic buying seems to have set in and home deklivery slots are like hens' teeth ... again. Take care

Claire said...

Pretty. I love the bottom butterfly, it's so ornate. The background you've created looks fab and it's very cool that you can still see it under the butterflies x

Kath said...

A beautiful scraplings card Jules - I love the colours. Like you, I don't expect to see these latest restrictions being lifted in four weeks - hopefully they will be eased for Christmas.
Kath x

Stamps and Paper said...

Another lovely scrapping creation Jules....feel so sorry for brides but at least your is getting married and can hopefully have their celebrations when things improve...like you I could be locked up for a long time and never get bored...so long as I don’t run out if chocolate! Having a last scoot around The Range this morning picking up a couple of things ..
Happy Wednesday

Anne x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, you have been busy Jules, I love the gorgeous scrapling card that you found time to create.

Sue xx

Sarn said...

Hi Jules

SOO pleased to hear one of your brides has managed to bring forward her date and be married. Congrats to you on getting on the revisions done.

Hope you can find some kitchen wallpaper now!

Lovely little scrapling.

Went food shopping without any problems this morning . .. PHEW!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Your Buuterfly card is just lovely! I also feel so sorry for the bride. These are such difficult times...Hopefully things will get better!

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,
A beautiful card and love the pretty pastel colours.

Strangely, my Christmas Robins card that I put on my blog yesterday, was using a stamp set from Hobby Art. She used to come to where I was a Tutor, on our Extravaganza weekends, at The Craft Barn in Surrey. I have got quite a lot of their stamps.

Hope your Mum is keeping well.

Going to have a few quiet weeks ahead.

Keep well and safe,
Love and hugs,
Carol.xxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh this is so cute, what a pretty card, love the butterflies. Great news that the couple managed to get married, such a difficult time, Hazelxx

Sarah said...

I can't see us being lockdown free either Jules, unless these four weeks will establish where the high risk areas are and then local lockdowns introduced again. We shall see.Pleased to hear that one of your couples made it down the aisle. What pretty colours you used on this long tall card and the stitching still impresses me...every time!! xx