My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 31 August 2020

BEST WISHES

Hi Everyone

I hope you have really enjoyed your Bank Holiday Weekend .. .. today was the best day here weather-wise .. .. and I took Mum for our first walk out since well before lockdown started.  We had cocooned Mum before Boris said we all had to stay indoors because we were paranoid about her catching anything.

Mum enjoyed her taste of freedom, and it was a very different world to the one she last saw .. .. .. and she certainly didn't like wearing a mask .. .. but it had to be done!

Once I got home it was crafty playtime and this is what I came up with today using one of my scrapling cards which measure 6.5 x 13.5cm




This used:

Bird Image and Background:  Hero Arts "CL338" Be Yourself 
Sentiment:  Clearly Besotted "CBSFA085" Fancy Sayings
Flower Stamp:  Creative Expressions "UMS633" Shaded Peony and matching die set
Distress Inks:  Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage
ProMarkers
Hole Punch for the flower centres
Glossy Accents
My Trusty Sewing Machine


and that is me for today .. .. can you believe we are starting September tomorrow?  


11 comments:

meg said...

Fabulous fun bird image with long legs I envy,love the papers you used to paper piece her,hope mum enjoyed her outing

Lisa xx said...

Pinch, and punch for the first day of the month!!!

This is gorgeous Jules, I love to paper piece - it always takes me back to playing with paper dolls as a little girl - so I particularly like to see cards featuring some pp work

Aquarius said...

Loving that jolly bird and in such pretty colours too. Pleased to hear you gave your Mum a little outing which I'm sure she welcomed despite the mask.

cotnob said...

A super card Jules, great image and background.
I'm glad your Mum enjoyed her taste of freedom.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

Pleased to hear that you and your Mum had an outing, albeit very different. What a lovely card this is. Another perfect stamp for your long tall card blank and perfect paper piecing too xx

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a fab card, has so much detail and love the colour wave x

Lock Down has been a nightmare!!
I am back to work tomorrow (Nursery School), I wonder what changes have been made!!! Still, have to start getting back to normality.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, what a great birdy!! Love the spotty body he has.Cant quite beleive we are in September!! Where did the year go. My Gran has been braving it out and is finding it all very strange as well, Hazel x

Kathleen said...

What a great fun image, I was certain that it would ne a Woodware stamp that I had not seen before but I was wrong. Gorgeous background and really lovely colours.
I have been out twice today (naughty as our our 'lockdown doesn't end till tomorrow, (probably today for you when you read this)).
I went to the local craft shop and none of the employers were wearing mask and then around 6.30 p.m. went to Tesco's and hardly any of the staff there were wearing masks. Take care Jules.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this card and the bird with it's very long legs. Glad your mum enjoyed her outing. Mu mum should be leaving hospital tomorrow, but unfortunatly she is going to have to go into a home.

Sue xx

Brenda said...

I bet your mum did enjoy her little taste of freedom! None of us enjoy wearing the mask, but it must be done to keep all protected. Your mum definitely needs to stay well and you all were right in keeping her in lock down as long as you did! Life is different right now that is for sure. Love your sweet bird card, the background paper is perfect for the background scene, love the birds body paper, so cute is the paper for her wing too. These long legged birds make me smile, they are so cute every time I see one on a card! Hugs, Brenda

JanR said...

So fun! I love that big bird!