My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 28 August 2020

CHRISTMAS KICKSTART CHALLENGE

Good morning everyone

I hope you have all been having a good week despite all the rain .. .. .. but if the weather forecast is right we are going to be having a lovely sunny bank holiday weekend!  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

So August is flying by in the blink of an eye and I am behind with this month's Christmas cards .. .. .. I still have two to do so I decided I had better get those done and off my list.

This one is for taking over to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme this fortnight is "Christmas Birds".  




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "2995F" Stocking!
Sentiment:  Woodware Clear Magic "FRS771" Merry & Bright
Backing Paper:  The Works (my favourite Christmas paper pad from last year .. .. so I picked up another three in their new year sale .. .. back in the days when we were allowed to go out as and when we wanted  .. .. sigh!)
Circle Die:   MFT - 435 Blueprints 12
Wavy Edge Die:  The Works
ProMarkers
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Ribbon
Gems
Crystal Glamour Dust

and that is another Christmas card into the box.  Just one more to go for August!

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.  The rain is just starting here .. .. again!!!



20 comments:

meg said...

Love your paper strip Jules the pattern and colours are gorgeous and tone beautifully with the robin and stocking image

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jules, gorgeous colours combo...this stamp goes back to about 1996...how do I know?..I used to keep a book of all my stamps and this was one of them but sadly I no longer have it.....
rain yesterday was horrendous and still it continues today but not as bad...hopefully we will also have a lovely weekend..


Anne

Lynne said...

I love this sweet card and your colour scheme x

Aquarius said...

Love this, such a cute little robin

Enny said...

Another beautiful Christmas card Jules, and dare I say it, I have that stamp also ! Yes, it's rainy, but good for the garden and nature. Next week would get better, just as well, as I'm going to the sea. Schools are starting again in Belgium, so it will be quiet there. Hugs, Enny

Mrs A. said...

Well I went and sat in the summerhouse to have my coffee and now stuck in here as is is teaming down. So catching up on everyone’s blogs. Love this card especially the pointy border on the strip at the top. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarah said...

This is lovely Jules. Aqua and red is one of my favourite festive colour combos so this cutie ticks all the boxes for me. The stitched in ribbon looks fab too xx

Unknown said...


AWH!! I love your little robin, he is so cute AND love those papers and your colour choice....stunning.

Sheila x

Kathleen said...

I love this cute little robin, I have just used it myself lately but my card is not as good as this one, great design, papers and dies.

Kath x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

SO cute Jules.
Sue x

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Jules ...love the cute image ...
The message font great ....
Hugs Sylvie xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

cute little robin and a beautiful made card. Jane x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Jules.

Sue xx

cotnob said...

A pretty Christmas card Jules, such a sweet Robin.
It's nice and sunny here but quite chilly!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

This is beautiful Jules I love the robin image and that wavy die is fabulous, a great design and colours, Kate x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is beautiful, what agreat card. I love the pretty colours you have gone for. Where has August gone!! Washed away in the rain I think!! Hope you are having a great weekend, Hazelx

JanR said...

So lovely! I especially adore that scripty sentiment and those snowflakes!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...your sweet little penny black birdie is SO cute and your whole card is just delightful Julie!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Christmas Kickstart!! :0)

Brenda said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Jules! I love the colors you used and the paper at the top. The image is just darling and I am so loving the font of the sentiment. The color of the ribbon is just so rich looking, so love that! Hugs, Brenda

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, your cards always make me go 'wow' when I see them, and this adorable creation is no exception, Jules! Love that little robin so much. Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, sorry I'm a little late with my comment - it's been a busy few days! Jo x