My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 5 August 2020

LET IT SNOW

Hi Everyone

I hope all is good with everyone .. .. .. .. things have been a bit busy here in the House of Hearts .. .. ..  Mr Heart's early retirement is definitely making days and weeks fly by even faster than they did before!  Even if we are keeping ourselves in lock-down for the majority of our time.

Today I decided to raid my scrapling card box, which is where I put all the offcuts from the card bases I make.  I usually use these cards in portrait style .. .. but today have gone for landscape.

A little bit of playtime this evening created my second Christmas card for August .. .. using one of my favourite techniques (one of probably 50 LOL!!) the "inlaid die-cut" technique.   I call it a jig-saw puzzle for crafters.




This used:

Apple Blossom Die:  Large Snowflake (another very old die)
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Very fine Silver Glitter Card
Nail Heads
Metallic Cord

This was made for taking over to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme this fortnight is  "Snow is Falling".  

Hopefully catch you again soon.


16 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Beautiful card Jules.

meg said...

Love the contrast between the snowflakes and background, the glitter cardstock is beautiful,what patience you have to inlay all the tiny pieces,a beautifully designed card

Lisa xx said...

Oooh how lovely....I'm not too familiar with this technique, but it looks fabulous....love the pop of colour with the red too

Kath said...

A fabulous card Jules. Inlaid die cutting is one of my favourite techniques too.
Kath x

Aquarius said...

Love the shape and style of this card - something a bit different.

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable card, Jules! Love your colour combo and your signature little hearts. Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart - just think of all the cards you'll have come December, Jo x

Sarah said...

Love those skinny cards and the inlaid snowflakes look really effective and still flat for posting...bonus!! xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Gorgeous x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules, your card is beautiful, I love the shape and the large snowflakes, really pops against the black background, Kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jules and such a lovely technique..love a bit of sparkle...

Anne

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, this is stunning, I love the inlaid snowflakes, they look stunning, hope your week is going well, Hazelx

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Jules, very elegant - the inlaid die-cut technique is one of my favourites as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

This looks really stunning Jules, a great snowflake die and a great choice with the silver glitter card. I have often used the inlaid die-cut technique but never thought to do it with a snowflake die. Bet it would look really great in a darl navy background too. Instead of nearly always using a 6x6 square card I am trying to start to use other sizes and shape of cards, just for a change butI do have quite a collection of square cards to use up.

Kath x

Pop's Cards said...

Such a striking card I love the colours, hugs Pops x

Enny said...

Wow, this is beautiful, what a great technique, must try it some day ! Love, Enny

G Peplow said...

HI Jules, Long time no see, I do see that you're still making beautiful cards, this one's a stunner! lovely contrast with the black background! Gay x